A question about burning a DVD

Midway Hawker

I just bought a DVD burner and I'm trying to burn my first DVD but I'm having a problem. I'm using the software that came with the unit which is Roxio DVD Builder. When I attempt to build the project, the program does not recognize any of my DVD video files on my hard drive.. When I choose to "open media" to add to my project and I go to the folder where the files are, it shows nothing. Not sure what i'm doing wrong, or if maybe this software does not recognized these types of media files???

Anyway, i'm stumped for now.. I'm trying to burn the R-30 Nashville show (disc 1). If anyone has any suggestions I appreciate it. Thanks.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 6 2004, 02:49 PM)
I just bought a DVD burner and I'm trying to burn my first DVD but I'm having a problem. I'm using the software that came with the unit which is Roxio DVD Builder. When I attempt to build the project, the program does not recognize any of my DVD video files on my hard drive.. When I choose to "open media" to add to my project and I go to the folder where the files are, it shows nothing. Not sure what i'm doing wrong, or if maybe this software does not recognized these types of media files???

Anyway, i'm stumped for now.. I'm trying to burn the R-30 Nashville show (disc 1). If anyone has any suggestions I appreciate it. Thanks.

I think instead of opening, try to look for an area that says "import" then choose the filename(s) from there.

unfortunately, that is not the issue.. When I attempt to import, there is nothing there. I browse to the folder where my vob files are, etc.. and it shows that there is nothing there for me to import... I'm thinking that this software just sucks and doesn't recognize VOB files... Any ideas for a better (free) DVD burner software I could download??

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 6 2004, 11:59 AM)
DVD Shrink handle VOB files? I'm not familiar with that software but it's free.

Did you run an MD5 check on it?

No I didn't, do I need too??

I've watched these DVD files on my PC for awhile now, I don't think there are any problems with the files. Just trying to create the DVD now.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 6 2004, 02:54 PM)
unfortunately, that is not the issue.. When I attempt to import, there is nothing there. I browse to the folder where my vob files are, etc.. and it shows that there is nothing there for me to import... I'm thinking that this software just sucks and doesn't recognize VOB files... Any ideas for a better (free) DVD burner software I could download??

Nero Ultra has "Nero Showtime" in it and I use it all the time to watch DVDs from hard drive in VOB formats...

You can get a free full trial of Ultra 6at Nero.com

Cool, thank you guys... I'm sure it will work, I probably just need to get a bit more educated about this stuff..

I already burned some CD's with this unit and it is awesome!! Listening to the Madison WI 1994 boot in my car is fun fun fun....

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 6 2004, 12:48 PM)
I know PowerDVD can play VOB files, but it's not freeware.

Yeah, I have PowerDVD and it plays the files perfectly... Just having trouble burning them to a DVD.. At this point, i'm thinking it's the Roxio software. If I try another program and it does the same thing, then "I" must be doing something wrong. I'm working on other things now, I'll get back to this later. Thanks for the help.

Archived