The grand prize quiz 1

A Companion Unobtrusive

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 12:53 PM)
Question 3:

Let's make it a bit harder:

What does the slow synthesizer break after the guitar solo in YYZ represent/convey (accordning to Neil Peart)?

At a guess, winding down after a long tour having arrived home

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 07:53 AM)
Question 3:

Let's make it a bit harder:

What does the slow synthesizer break after the guitar solo in YYZ represent/convey (accordning to Neil Peart)?

Morse code? confused13.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 7 2004, 08:29 AM)

WOW! Good guess! Sure you haven't heard it before? It represents "the tremendous emotional impact of coming home" as he once put it.

The "winding down after a long tour" bit was never mentioned, but I consider that one additional aspect that is often true in their case. One point!

Scoreboard:

Moonraker

rickyrob

Test4VitalSigns

madra sneachta

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 09:16 AM)

WOW! Good guess! Sure you haven't heard it before? It represents "the tremendous emotional impact of coming home" as he once put it.

The "winding down after a long tour" bit was never mentioned, but I consider that one additional aspect that is often true in their case. One point!

Scoreboard:

Moonraker

rickyrob

Test4VitalSigns

madra sneachta

Have you given me a point Companion? If so I'm very grateful to you....I didn't realise you'd done this biggrin.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 7 2004, 09:37 AM)

Have you given me a point Companion? If so I'm very grateful to you....I didn't realise you'd done this biggrin.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

Look back at the discussion following Question 1. And remember, you won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes - Pay attention, buddy! wink.gif

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 7 2004, 09:37 AM)

Have you given me a point Companion? If so I'm very grateful to you....I didn't realise you'd done this biggrin.gif  common001.gif  1022.gif

Look back at the discussion following Question 1. And remember, you won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes - Pay attention, buddy! wink.gif

Sorry, I've got a second eye on Moonrakers Name that Rush Tune as well, I spend half the evenings trying to work out my next guess wacko.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 7 2004, 07:22 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 7 2004, 10:18 AM)
HOLY CRAP, you were asking more questions?  BTW, what time zone are you in?  I cant stay up at 2am, 4am to answer questions tongue.gif

gotta get a night shift job like me!!! laugh.gif tongue.gif

Lol, Ive done that before, no way I'm going back to it no.gif . Besides no computers with internet access at my work confused13.gif

HOLY CRAP, you were asking more questions? BTW, what time zone are you in? I cant stay up at 2am, 4am to answer questions tongue.gif

I'm aware of this, and it's been my plan to post around the clock, very irregularly, to make it fair for all continents.

I'm in Sweden, and as I'm writing this it's about 20 to 5 PM.

The Companion

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 02:16 PM)

I knew that YYZ itself is bassed on Toronto Airport's call sign, and while I've not seen the quote you've mentioned, but I have seen a quote along the lines of "It's always a happy day when those letters appear on our bags, because it means we're going home".

It seemed logical that if the intro is the thrill of the flight and landing, the slow bit is the relaxation that hasppens afterwards.

HOLY CRAP, you were asking more questions? BTW, what time zone are you in? I cant stay up at 2am, 4am to answer questions tongue.gif

Greenwich Mean Time (ET +5hrs) --->proper time in other words laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 7 2004, 05:08 PM)
A Passage to Bangkok was omitted from the initial cd release because of space limitations...it is included on the vinyl....it was later released on the Chronicles CD

I think you've got it T4VS tongue.gif

It's been reinstated onto the remastered ESL CD as well (which is the one I have).

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 7 2004, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 10:31 PM)
Question 5:

How was the Tidal Pools water sound on Natural Science (studio version) created?

Neil and Alex went out onto a lake close to Le Studio and and splashed the water gently with their hands.

Actually it was done with oars but I'm sure u should score the point, madra.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 7 2004, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 7 2004, 10:31 PM)
Question 5:

How was the Tidal Pools water sound on Natural Science (studio version) created?

Neil and Alex went out onto a lake close to Le Studio and and splashed the water gently with their hands.

I read that it was with oars, but te rest is true!

Test4VitalSigns

madra sneachta

Moonraker

rickyrob

Square for battle!

Archived