The Official Dixie Dregs/The Dregs/Steve Morse Band Thread! Eat A "Punk Sandwich" And Shut The FUNK Up!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys! I totally just had a Dixie Dreg Day!

I listened to "Free Fall" "What If" "Night Of The Dregs" "Dregs Of The Earth" "Unsung Heroes" and "Industry Standard!"

HOLY SHIT!

Country ConFUSION!

This band blows my mind!

Come on guys! Steve Morse on guitar. Dave LaRue on bass! Oh and wow how dare I forget to mention how incredible Rod Morgenstein is on the fukking drums.

We always talk about the greatness of:

NEIL PEART

SIMON PHILLIPS

STEWART COPELAND

DAVE WECKL

TERRY BOZZIO

DANNY CAREY

MIKE PORTANNOY

JEFF PORCARO

STEVE GADD

IAN PAICE

NICK MCBRAIN

TOMMY ALDRIDGE

JOHN BONHAM

KETIH MOON

Well the list goes on but ROD MORGENSTEIN IS TOP TEN OF ALL TIME!

He gets now love why? Because he is collecting a check in WINGER?

Fuckk that man and I like WINGER!

ROD IS THE SHIT GUYS!!!

Just listen to "Ice Cakes."

"Cruise Control"

It's as if RUSH GOES COUNTRY!

Rod uses cowbell too. He's all over the intellectual place!!

Rod is now in my TOP 5

I saw the Dixie Dregs years ago at a small dive. I was in Heaven and Rod's drum solo was out of this world!!

Check out all of the Steve Morse stuff! He is so diverse and so wonderful.

If you were to check out the Steve Morse Band album "Stand Up" in 1985 you would be able to listen to a very young Eric Johnson sing on a track.

Great shit man.

God I love rock and roll. Even country fusion prog rock jazz.

The Dixie Dregs are one of the greatest bands in the land.

If you don't want to get into them then it's sadly your loss.

LONG LIVE THE DREGS!!!!!!!

I saw Dave LaRue play bass in Joe Satriani's band when they played the entire "Surfing With The Alien" live in the old H Studio in San Francisco.

It was one of my most incredible rock moments of all time.

We got to meet Joe at the end of the gig.

I asked Joe if he liked Alex Lifeson and Dave Meniketti. Of course he said he "dug" them both!

Satch is a classy guy!

Never met Morse though!

I could type all night long about rock and roll.

It's a Friday night.

Live is so cliche but it's good!

Long Live And Prosper Proggers.

Love,

SPOCK

I honestly must say that I really don't care for Steve in Kansas and Deep Purple. Sorry!

I love Steve's work better with the Dixie Dregs, The Dregs and his on Steve Morse Band stuff.

Of course Morse is a badass in DP but nothing compares to his other stuff.

JMFO

THE DREGS RULE!

I'm bored on a Friday night. I will just post to myself all night! LOL!

T. Lavitz is also a great player.

Have you guys ever checked out the band SEA LEVEL.

They have three albums of BLISS!

ENDLESS!!

LONG LIVE ROCK I NEED IT EVERYDAY!

I love the Dregs, Steve and Rod too. Rod is in my top 5 as well. Listen to how beautifully he plays during the solo in The Introduction. So musical.

I have seen the Steve Morse band once and they were great - they had Van Romaine on drums. Had to wait until Winger a few years ago to see Rod. They were (to me) surprisingly good - excellent actually.

• Like 1

I love the Dregs, Steve and Rod too. Rod is in my top 5 as well. Listen to how beautifully he plays during the solo in The Introduction. So musical.

I have seen the Steve Morse band once and they were great - they had Van Romaine on drums. Had to wait until Winger a few years ago to see Rod. They were (to me) surprisingly good - excellent actually.

Hey! You are a new guy here and you are a drummer too! AWESOME! Welcome to the Rush Forum! Glad that you get my sense of humor.

I actually love Winger. Reb Beach, Kip Winger and Rod! WOW!

I can't wait to visit your country someday!

I love Olivia Newton John, AC/DC, Men At Work, INXS and AIRBOURNE!

Cheers!!

Earl

Hey! You are a new guy here and you are a drummer too! AWESOME! Welcome to the Rush Forum! Glad that you get my sense of humor.

Cheers!!

Earl

Hey man, come on down! Not too much in the way of prog and rock going on down here though! Airbourne are way bigger O/S than here. If you have a minute, check out Scary Mother, one of our very best heavy bands who sadly got nowhere. 'Who Are You' was a classic. Also Horsehead, 'Oil And Water'.

Reb Beach was so outstanding, and Kip is quite the muso as well.

FWIW, my top 5 drummers would be:

Phil Collins

Ian Paice

Pick Withers

Jeff Porcaro

Neil Peart

I'm coming to your part of the word to Rush at The Forum. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Cheers!!

Earl

Hey man, come on down! Not too much in the way of prog and rock going on down here though! Airbourne are way bigger O/S than here. If you have a minute, check out Scary Mother, one of our very best heavy bands who sadly got nowhere. 'Who Are You' was a classic. Also Horsehead, 'Oil And Water'.

Phil Collins

Ian Paice

Pick Withers

Jeff Porcaro

Neil Peart

Holy shit man! Thanks! I love your list. I'm embarrassed to tell you that Pick Withers does not register? WTF? Tell me about him!

I too will be at The Forum! I can't wait!!! Let's meet up for a beer!

I will check out those other bands! It's frigging endless!

Cheers my new friend!

All of Morse's DP albums are good except for Bananas. Purpendicular is the best one.

Kansas sucks, but he did the best he could with those fools.

Stressfest is my favorite of the Morse Band records. It's probably the most melodic one overall.

Dave LaRue really is an amazing bass player. His playing complements Steve's extremely well.

• Like 1

Cheers!!

Earl

Phil Collins

Ian Paice

Pick Withers

Jeff Porcaro

Neil Peart

Holy shit man! Thanks! I love your list. I'm embarrassed to tell you that Pick Withers does not register? WTF? Tell me about him!

Cheers my new friend!

Pick Withers played on the first four Dire Straits records. Very tasty. His drums sounded brilliant and his cymbal work is perfect.

Rush fan since 1984 and I've never seen them - needless to say, I'm looking forward to a great night out!

• Like 1

All of Morse's DP albums are good except for Bananas. Purpendicular is the best one.

Stressfest is my favorite of the Morse Band records. It's probably the most melodic one overall.

Dave LaRue really is an amazing bass player. His playing complements Steve's extremely well.

Dude! This is one of your best posts! I TOTALLY AGREE 100%!!

"Stressfest" is EPIC. Do you have the Japanese version with the bonus track? I believe it's a Deep Purple cover.

I'm a Steve Morse addict!!!

• Like 1

Cheers!!

Earl

Phil Collins

Ian Paice

Pick Withers

Jeff Porcaro

Neil Peart

Cheers my new friend!

Pick Withers played on the first four Dire Straits records. Very tasty. His drums sounded brilliant and his cymbal work is perfect.

Rush fan since 1984 and I've never seen them - needless to say, I'm looking forward to a great night out!

Holy Shit! I am a music freak and I had no idea he was the drummer on the first four Dire Straits albums! I LOVE HIM!

STG! I am serious when I type this. "Love Over Gold" is one of the greatest album ever made on the earth!

CHEERS!

Dude! This is one of your best posts! I TOTALLY AGREE 100%!!

"Stressfest" is EPIC. Do you have the Japanese version with the bonus track? I believe it's a Deep Purple cover.

Speed King! I don't have that version, but that track is great. :haz:

• Like 1