It was 31 years ago today...

greyfriar

...that I've seen my first Rush show. It was in Eppelheim near Heidelberg where the American troops were based at the time. The hall was a very small gym and all in all there were not more than 1000 people attending the show. Here's the setlist:

The Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Digital Man

Subdivisions

Vital Signs

The Camera Eye

Closer To The Heart

Chemistry

The Analog Kid

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Red Barchetta

The Weapon (With the "Count Floyd" introduction.)

New World Man

Limelight

Countdown

Encore:

2112 - Overture - The Temples Of Syrinx

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiato

In The Mood

YYZ (with drum solo)

It was one of the best concert experiences to this day and the Signals tour had one of the best live sounds that I've ever heard.

:rush: :smoke: :rush: :smoke: :rush: :smoke:

• Like 7

...that I've seen my first Rush show. It was in Eppelheim near Heidelberg where the American troops were based at the time. The hall was a very small gym and all in all there were not more than 1000 people attending the show. Here's the setlist:

The Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Digital Man

Subdivisions

Vital Signs

The Camera Eye

Closer To The Heart

Chemistry

The Analog Kid

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Red Barchetta

New World Man

Limelight

Countdown

Encore:

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiato

In The Mood

YYZ (with drum solo)

It was one of the best concert experiences to this day and the Signals tour had one of the best live sounds that I've ever heard.

What a fantastic setlist! Yay for you :D

• Like 1

The Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Digital Man

Subdivisions

Vital Signs

The Camera Eye

Closer To The Heart

Chemistry

The Analog Kid

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Red Barchetta

New World Man

Limelight

Countdown

Encore:

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiato

In The Mood

YYZ (with drum solo)

What a fantastic setlist! Yay for you :D

Yes it was a fantastic and unforgettable night. I'm going to hear the boot from that show a little later. :cheers:

No I'm speaking about a bootleg from that show. It's called Signals from Suburbia - Rush Live 11.05.1983 Eppelheim, Germany.

It does surprise me that they played to a 1000 folks at that point. In DC they were already filling the Capital Centre and had been for at least a couple years. The basketball capacity for the Bullets was around 18,000 in that arena. Not sure the concert one....

They weren't that big in Germany at the time and the venues were very small (see pic below, the stands has only 5-6 rows). Best setting for me was on the Roll The Bones tour, where I saw them playing for less than 1000 people in the Frankenhalle, Nürnberg.

Here's a foto from inside of the Rhein-Neckar Halle, Eppelheim.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/rush-eppelheim_zps7bb3dab3.jpg

• Like 1

They weren't that big in Germany at the time and the venues were very small (see pic below, the stands has only 5-6 rows). Best setting for me was on the Roll The Bones tour, where I saw them playing for less than 1000 people in the Frankenhalle, Nürnberg.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/rush-eppelheim_zps7bb3dab3.jpg

The only huge world renowned band I ever saw in a place that small (actually smaller) was Judas Priest twice in 79' in the DC area. Its certainly something you never forget.... :)
  • Like 1

The only huge world renowned band I ever saw in a place that small (actually smaller) was Judas Priest twice in 79' in the DC area. Its certainly something you never forget.... :)

Miss the 70's and the 80's. The concerts were really special at the time. Cheap Tickets, cheap beer and the best Rock'n'Roll in town, what more could a heart desire. :cheers:

• Like 2