Bye-bye Boatee!!

LyndseyG

Ok, so I have some curiosity questions about boat living.

How do you go to the loo? Where does it go? Right into the river? What happens when people go by on their boats and what not? Does it rock the boat?

How wide is it? Do you have electricity?

I think that's one of the dadgummed coolest things I've ever seen!!! :ebert: :yes:

Our boat is 6" wide

STONEHENGE!!!!

:LMAO: Yeah!!

Wow! I'm pooped!!

We started packing up our stuff at about 10ish. Stopped at about 6. We've still got a bit more to do. I didn't realise we had so much somehow crammed in here!!

The lady came down about 3 and had a look round. Brett gave her the grand tour. She took some photos and seems genuinely interested!! :)

Edited by LyndseyG
  • Like 1

Update:

Brett has gone in the van to his mums with the bulk of the stuff.

He left about 8:30, then at 9:05 I got a call from his mum saying her hit a pigeon which cracked the windscreen!! He took the van to the place we'd rented it from which was open.... Just! They were on a short day. They arranged for him to have another van and he had to unpack one and reload the other all by himself!! Poor Brett!

He made it ok to his mums. I spoke to him a few minutes ago and he said that because of the stormy weather threatening the country he would have to see what it's like in the morning before attempting to return. We did prepare for this and I've got plenty of food and fuel.

Meanwhile I've packed what was left and started giving the boat a good clean which I'll finish tomorrow.

We're both tuckered out!! It's weird not having him here.

Update: This is our plan for the next few days:

Saturday we are picking up a van and packing and loading it, except for some clothes, food and the cat.

Sunday Brett is going by himself to take the van to his mums and unload it. I'm staying aboard to sort out any remaining bits and clean the cupboards.

Monday Brett is coming back.

Probably Wednesday we are taking Elsie to Norbury brokerage.

Also: The lady who's interested in buying is coming to visit and have a look on Saturday afternoon!

What does "brokerage" mean?

Update: This is our plan for the next few days:

Saturday we are picking up a van and packing and loading it, except for some clothes, food and the cat.

Sunday Brett is going by himself to take the van to his mums and unload it. I'm staying aboard to sort out any remaining bits and clean the cupboards.

Monday Brett is coming back.

Probably Wednesday we are taking Elsie to Norbury brokerage.

Also: The lady who's interested in buying is coming to visit and have a look on Saturday afternoon!

What does "brokerage" mean?

It's a company that sells boats on behalf of their owners. They store the boat and put it on their website. When the boat is sold the they take a commission.

Update:

We are gonna take the boat to the brokerage tomorrow. This gives us today to sort the last of our stuff.

^^ Thsnkyou!! :hi: :cheers:

We left the brokerage about 20 minutes ago. Got a 5 hour journey ahead.

Feeling sad. :(

^^ Thankyou!! :cheers:

We left the brokerage about 20 minutes ago. A 5 hour journey ahead. Feeling sad. :(

All change now. I can imagine that feels daunting. Let us know how things go, and we can help keep those homesick blues at bay.
  • Like 1

All change now. I can imagine that feels daunting. Let us know how things go, and we can help keep those homesick blues at bay.

Thankyou!! :hug2:

It does feel daunting. It only hit me today after we had finished emptying the boat. We are jobless and homeless, though neither mine or Brett's mum would see us on the street.

It feels very weird.

How are you, Brett and Scooter doing? :wub: :hug2:

:hi: :hug2:

We've arrived safe. Brett and I are tired and sad. Scooter is finding it a bit scary being in a strange house with two other cats. She's hiding in the conservatory at the mo.

Thankyou!! :hug2:

It does feel daunting. It only hit me today after we had finished emptying the boat. We are jobless and homeless, though neither mine or Brett's mum would see us on the street.

It feels very weird.

Oh, goodness..! :o

:hug2:

We've arrived safe. Brett and I are tired and sad. Scooter is finding it a bit scary being in a strange house with two other cats. She's hiding in the conservatory at the mo.

She'll be fine - please give her a :hug2: and a :mwah: on her ear for me. Thanks. :)

Hope all goes well for you all. :hug2:

She'll be fine - please give her a :hug2: and a :mwah: on her ear for me. Thanks. :)

Will do... If we can coax her out from under the bed where she's currently hiding! Thankyou!!

Will do... If we can coax her out from under the bed where she's currently hiding! Thankyou!!

Aww..! Poor little sweetie..! :hug2: It's all new stuff for her - she'll need time. :wub:

She seems more settled today...

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/null_zps1a62f66f.jpg

It's one of the other two we are a bit worried about. He was very cross yesterday...

• Like 2

She seems more settled today...

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/null_zps1a62f66f.jpg

It's one of the other two we are a bit worried about. He was very cross yesterday...

Awwwwwwwwwwww!! Oh my good Lord..! What a gorgeous kitty! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Update:

The potential buyer had asked for a hull survey, before she made her decision about buying, which took place yesterday. The surveyor said that the hull had lost about 1.5 millimeters along the water line and that the boats gearbox needs repairing. The total sum is about £3000.

The buyer took this into account and made an offer, minus the money for the repairs, which we've accepted.

HOWEVER, the surveyor also said that he would like to take a closer look at the hull after it had need properly cleaned up.

At this point the sale is now put on hold until he can take a look, in about a week and a half... The buyer could still pull out...

We will have to wait and see....

Update:

The potential buyer had asked for a hull survey, before she made her decision about buying, which took place yesterday. The surveyor said that the hull had lost about 1.5 millimeters along the water line and that the boats gearbox needs repairing. The total sum is about £3000.

The buyer took this into account and made an offer, minus the money for the repairs, which we've accepted.

HOWEVER, the surveyor also said that he would like to take a closer look at the hull after it had need properly cleaned up.

At this point the sale is now put on hold until he can take a look, in about a week and a half... The buyer could still pull out...

We will have to wait and see....

They're certainly keeping you in suspense

They are!

When we agreed to the price, just before they phoned back to say the surveyor wanted a closer look, we thought that was it. The sale was over and done! :doh: