Hey guys, Rush fan story book

Good,bad,andrush

Haven't posted in a LONG while but I just wanted to share that there's an upcoming book about various stories about rush through the perspective of their fans. Just check it out on these links :)

http://rushfanstories.com/

http://www.rushisaba...ng-contributors

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/

Yeah, I saw this. I was going to submit a story but then i saw "No minors" :P

Don't think an emailed story to RushFanStories (at) gmail (dot) com could hurt, as long as the only contact info given is your name and email address (no addresses or phone numbers from minors, please!). It's expensive and complicated to survey you at this time. Lawyers!

I saw this last night, and thought, "Hey, cool! Rush fans can share their stories!" but then I saw that emphasis is being placed on those that have seen the band multiple times in the same tour, have acquired rare concert mercandise, have met the band / stage crew, have attended RushCon, have Rush tattoos, have named kids Rushy names, have been in a Rush tribute band.... I can't say 'yes' to any of these things, but maybe I have something interesting and worthy to say, anyway, so I might give it a shot! I feel a bit weird that I don't seem to qualify as an 'uberfan', but I think it's all relative, anyway. I am confident in my own personal level of fanness! :P

I saw this last night, and thought, "Hey, cool! Rush fans can share their stories!" but then I saw that emphasis is being placed on those that have seen the band multiple times in the same tour, have acquired rare concert mercandise, have met the band / stage crew, have attended RushCon, have Rush tattoos, have named kids Rushy names, have been in a Rush tribute band.... I can't say 'yes' to any of these things, but maybe I have something interesting and worthy to say, anyway, so I might give it a shot! I feel a bit weird that I don't seem to qualify as an 'uberfan', but I think it's all relative, anyway. I am confident in my own personal level of fanness! :P

The About page should be up later today and it says, "While I did post a list of especially sought-after criteria, I do not wish to leave behind the dedicated fan that doesn't meet these criteria.  If Rush has affected your life in such a profound way that you want to put it into words, by all means, please do so.  This is not a competition."

• Like 1

The About page should be up later today and it says, "While I did post a list of especially sought-after criteria, I do not wish to leave behind the dedicated fan that doesn't meet these criteria. If Rush has affected your life in such a profound way that you want to put it into words, by all means, please do so. This is not a competition."

That's great! I don't like the idea of fan competition - each and every person that enjoys Rush has his own story, and there are many people that will have interesting stories because they haven't done the more cliched fan things, if that makes sense! Though not to say that the above-mentioned things are cliched, or to offer judgement on such things - merely that we each have our own fan stories, each and every one of us here on TRF, from the 12-year-old that has grown up with Rush all his life to the 60-year-old that has literally grown up with Rush through the years. I'm excited to read about some of these stories! :)

Yeah, I saw this. I was going to submit a story but then i saw "No minors" :P

How dare they discriminate!!

http://www.knickles.com/pix_life/NSCMCB3-coal-miner-mallet-1.gif

• Like 1

Who wants to be the first from Manitoba, New Brunswick, New Foundland and Labrador, or Saskatchewan to take the survey at http://RushFanStories.com? And for those in the States, Alaska, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming have yet to be represented.