Upgraded seats?

Smug Monkey

Not sure about the upgrade many speak of. What I can tell you is that you can go to the box office day of show and buy for full price seats that have been released and which are usually pretty good.

Plus, right now on ticketmaster there are seats in sec 102 being sold. This section would be directly stage left IF the seating chart shown is used. However, for the Time Machine Tour the show sold extremely well and the stage was moved back. The sections were actually renumbered, and sold that way. It was a little confusing, but if you had bought tickets close to the stage, you were still close.

The upper bowl is showing mostly sold. The sections at the back are open but may fill up as show time approaches. I have no idea if the section numbers are being moved around, or if the tickets for 102 really are directly to the side of the stage. I may be talking to somebody at the arena today, and if I can find out I will post it here.

Thanks Howye!

Our tickets are in section 214. I look at the End Stage 180 configuration on the Nationwide arena website and click our section. Truth be told, it looks like they are pretty decent seats. I have been to quite a few hockey games at Nationwide and there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

In case someone wants to look at their sections to see what the sight-line looks like the link is posted below.

http://www.nationwidearena.com/seating/charts/end180.html#

QUOTE (Howye @ Sep 19 2012, 07:56 AM)
I have no idea if the section numbers are being moved around, or if the tickets for 102 really are directly to the side of the stage. I may be talking to somebody at the arena today, and if I can find out I will post it here.

We had floor seats in 2010 but I specifically remember people with lower bowl tickets getting concerned about the sections changing.

Please post any information you find out! I have section 103 tickets this time, and I did start getting concerned when section 102 opened up.

So when this happened in 2010, did section 103 for example actually "move" along with the stage, so that the seats were still the same distance from the stage? If so, that's fine. But if the stage moves and my seats stay where they're at, I'd be getting screwed over.

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Sep 19 2012, 08:50 AM)
I have no idea if the section numbers are being moved around, or if the tickets for 102 really are directly to the side of the stage. I may be talking to somebody at the arena today, and if I can find out I will post it here.

We had floor seats in 2010 but I specifically remember people with lower bowl tickets getting concerned about the sections changing.

Please post any information you find out! I have section 103 tickets this time, and I did start getting concerned when section 102 opened up.

So when this happened in 2010, did section 103 for example actually "move" along with the stage, so that the seats were still the same distance from the stage? If so, that's fine. But if the stage moves and my seats stay where they're at, I'd be getting screwed over.

I just spoke with the box office at Nationwide. The lady told me that there were side sections opened up 10 days ago (102 & 116, I assume), but the stage will not be moved back. The setup on Ticketmaster is how the configuration will be laid out. Don't know if this is a fact but that is what I was told.

Also, I asked about upgraded seats and was told they were available, but we would have to pay the difference. That is understandable, but I am still wondering how people get upgraded tickets at no extra cost... confused13.gif

The direct number to Nationwide box office is 614-246-3033 if anyone wants to call. If you get a recording hang up and try again a few minutes later.

QUOTE (Smug Monkey @ Sep 19 2012, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Sep 19 2012, 08:50 AM)

I just spoke with the box office at Nationwide. The lady told me that there were side sections opened up 10 days ago (102 & 116, I assume), but the stage will not be moved back. The setup on Ticketmaster is how the configuration will be laid out. Don't know if this is a fact but that is what I was told.

Also, I asked about upgraded seats and was told they were available, but we would have to pay the difference. That is understandable, but I am still wondering how people get upgraded tickets at no extra cost... confused13.gif

The direct number to Nationwide box office is 614-246-3033 if anyone wants to call. If you get a recording hang up and try again a few minutes later.

I think the people who get upgraded for free just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

It makes sense that the stage would not move back and that they not move around the sections. Those two, 102 and 116, are directly to the side of the stage and for myself I would think twice. For me part of the fun of a Rush show is the lights and videos, and all the other. Then again my first show was upper deck at Reunion Arena in Dallas almost on top of Alex, and that was interesting too.

Are the free upgrades people being moved from sparsely sold upper bowl sections just to fill in gaps and improve the atmosphere? I don't think that is going to happen in Columbus, but you might get lucky.

Anyways, tomorrow night I am taking my son to his first concert and the clock can't move fast enough. common001.gif

QUOTE (Howye @ Sep 19 2012, 11:18 AM)
It makes sense that the stage would not move back and that they not move around the sections. Those two, 102 and 116, are directly to the side of the stage and for myself I would think twice. For me part of the fun of a Rush show is the lights and videos, and all the other. Then again my first show was upper deck at Reunion Arena in Dallas almost on top of Alex, and that was interesting too.

Are the free upgrades people being moved from sparsely sold upper bowl sections just to fill in gaps and improve the atmosphere? I don't think that is going to happen in Columbus, but you might get lucky.

Anyways, tomorrow night I am taking my son to his first concert and the clock can't move fast enough. common001.gif

Howye.....how exciting..your son is enjoying his first concert with his dad !

Have a spectacular time ! 2.gif

It was the case in Pittsburgh where upper most level, lowest cost seats got moved down a level, so "upgraded" for no additional cost.

I bought my tickets less than a week before, and got mid-level price tickets for low level ticket cost. I was surprised by that, until I got to the venue and saw the upper level curtained off, and heard how people had been moved down.

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Sep 19 2012, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (Howye @ Sep 19 2012, 11:18 AM)

Anyways, tomorrow night I am taking my son to his first concert and the clock can't move fast enough.  common001.gif

Howye.....how exciting..your son is enjoying his first concert with his dad !

Have a spectacular time ! 2.gif

Indeed, he is at 8 and excited to go. He has been wanting to go for years, but we told him not till he is 8 - and look at that a tour.

His sister is mad she can't go. She is only 6, but by the next tour she will be there too.

I have seen the setlist and the pictures. Don't care what anybody says, not a song on there I don't like. Then on Sat. do it again!