Swan Song Trilogy

The Lofty Oaks

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 15 2012, 11:01 AM)
It cannot be their finale'. They must create a Magnum Opus for this- there is no other alternative for them unless they want to end their careers and catalog on a note of sorry mediocrity. The three of them need to isolate themselves and place supreme effort into this accomplishment as if their lives depend on it. Bringing back Terry for a monumental effort of this magnitude is critical, imo. Time is of the essence, though- The clock is ticking much faster in the locale of their of ages.

They already made that supreme effort at a magnum opus, with a producer who rightly insisted on "letting Rush be Rush," and the end result was phenomenal. Around here, we call it Clockwork Angels, and almost everyone agrees about its value. Your sad ass just doesn't get it.

"A note of sorry mediocrity," my foot. If they ended their careers now, they could do so with honor and integrity. This album is really something, this is.

I see what you mean about the last three songs being a "farewell trilogy." Think of it perhaps as some final parting advice from Uncle Neil:

1. Here's how you should view your past. (Headlong Flight)

2. Here's how to deal with difficult people. (Wish Them Well)

3. Here's how you should approach life, moving forward. (The Garden)

Yes!

Perfect way to boil down my theory to its simplest form.

Thank You!