Best gig I've ever seen....

Wartypig

Saw and photographed Robert Cray on Saturday and was totally blown away...The best gig I've ever attended (and that includes Rush,Zeppelin,Floyd, etc)...No fancy lightshow,pyro,or gimmicks....Just pure musical genius ...I was mesmerised till the very last note .

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jul 5 2012, 02:58 PM)
Saw him with Stevie Ray in '89. He was quite good but I liked SRV better.

i think i may have seem that same tour. SRV blew him away. Saw SRV about 7 times I think.

RC is good for sure, and his band certainly is great too.

My two top performances: Candlebox on this last tour was amazing (i know but they are great live), and SRV in about '84

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Robert%20Cray%20Warrington%2030-6-12/img019.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Robert%20Cray%20Warrington%2030-6-12/DSC_3913.jpg

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 6 2012, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jul 5 2012, 02:58 PM)
Saw him with Stevie Ray in '89. He was quite good but I liked SRV better.

i think i may have seem that same tour. SRV blew him away. Saw SRV about 7 times I think.

RC is good for sure, and his band certainly is great too.

My two top performances: Candlebox on this last tour was amazing (i know but they are great live), and SRV in about '84

It was May 27, 1989 at The Gorge Amphitheater (I still have the ticket stub). John Hiatt opened after parachuting in (very cool!!), SRV was 2nd and Cray was last. SRV should've headlined IMO. He was touring to support In Step. I consider myself VERY fortunate to have seen him once. So very cool that you saw him that many times. A true master.

Edited by driventotheedge