Snakes/Clockwork duo VS other Rush duo's

avenger

I think these last two releases are great news for us Rush geeks, great to have two vital albums so late in their careers...

to my view, Rush has explored sounds/directions thru 2 records(duo) thruout their span...i think this one (snakes/angels) is among the best of the lot....

Rush/Fly by Night(the canadian/zep/rock albums)

Caress of Steel/2112(the prog/metal odes...long songs..metalisms)

Farewell to Kings/Hemispheres(more straightforward prog, tied by Cygnus)

Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures(steamlined, concise, radio ready)

Signals/Grace Under Pressure(the keyboard begins its relevance, dark matter)

Power Windows/Hold your Fire(thin bass, overt production, overdubs to the hilt..Collins-days)

Presto/Roll the bones(hines-vision of rush, melody..more gtrs...but VERY poppy)

Counterparts/Test for Echo(the grunge albums, collins back..heavy and trio oriented...keyboards are limited to very mild treatments)

Vapor Trails/Feedback(self produced experimental steps...vapor trails was a must to get thru the grief...production be damned..it served a cathartic purpose..and feedback was a return to FUN)

Snakes and Arrows/Clockwork Angels(boooojz days! a true return to the Fan side of what Rush is..nods to the past...acoustic gtrs..bluesy leads...great concepts..yeah..i loved Snakes too...)

as you can see if you look at DUO's/phases/chapters...Snakes and Angels may be the third or forth best of all 10...thats amazing considering they are at this end of their career...

bravo my trio...

peace.

QUOTE (avenger @ Jun 15 2012, 10:38 PM)
I think these last two releases are great news for us Rush geeks, great to have two vital albums so late in their careers...

to my view, Rush has explored sounds/directions thru 2 records(duo) thruout their span...i think this one (snakes/angels) is among the best of the lot....

Rush/Fly by Night(the canadian/zep/rock albums)

Caress of Steel/2112(the prog/metal odes...long songs..metalisms)

Farewell to Kings/Hemispheres(more straightforward prog, tied by Cygnus)

Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures(steamlined, concise, radio ready)

Signals/Grace Under Pressure(the keyboard begins its relevance, dark matter)

Power Windows/Hold your Fire(thin bass, overt production, overdubs to the hilt..Collins-days)

Presto/Roll the bones(hines-vision of rush, melody..more gtrs...but VERY poppy)

Counterparts/Test for Echo(the grunge albums, collins back..heavy and trio oriented...keyboards are limited to very mild treatments)

Vapor Trails/Feedback(self produced experimental steps...vapor trails was a must to get thru the grief...production be damned..it served a cathartic purpose..and feedback was a return to FUN)

Snakes and Arrows/Clockwork Angels(boooojz days! a true return to the Fan side of what Rush is..nods to the past...acoustic gtrs..bluesy leads...great concepts..yeah..i loved Snakes too...)

as you can see if you look at DUO's/phases/chapters...Snakes and Angels may be the third or forth best of all 10...thats amazing considering they are at this end of their career...

bravo my trio...

peace.

goodpost.gif