Does everyones copy look the same?

UltimoGuitarist

In general these "digipak's" annoy me. Just curious if it's only me who always has to settle for them or if everyone also has the same Clockwork Angels type as me. Post pics of any of your differences please I'm really curious.

http://i47.tinypic.com/rm4587.jpg

Edited by UltimoGuitarist

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 13 2012, 02:36 PM)
My one's shown on my My Fanpack's Arrived!! thread. smile.gif

Looks awesome. So many extras....*drools*

Well by the lack of replies on this im going to have to assume that everyone is seeing exactly what they have as well lol. Other than fanpack receivers.

I have the fanpack AND the regular release.

I just haven't opened the regular release yet.

The fanpack is like a little hardcover book, which is great.

The CD is kept inside a paper pouch on the inside of the back cover, which I don't like too much. Sucks that the entire CD slides against the packaging coming in or out. I've had the same complaint with other Rush CD and DVD releases recently.

Don't like the digipaks either, but at least there is a plastic tray there for the disc to sit in and be held firmly.

Edited by BriGuy

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 21 2012, 12:13 AM)
Mine looks exactly the same except there isn't a white bar in the middle of the digipack. I'm not sure if that's the flash or what.

Am I the only one that really likes digipacks?

That's the spine (inside view) The booklet also slides in behind the picture on the left. Between that, and the front cover.

One thing that kind of bothers me is that theres no indication on the CD itself that the album is Clockwork Angels. I mean if you wanted to play guessing games I guess it's pretty obvious that you'd just KNOW its CA because of the gears and whatnot.

But my gripes are with the fact that every other Rush cd in existance has the album title right on the CD, which is helpful for me because I have my entire rush catalogue in a 24 cd holder zipper case thingamajig. =p Plus I have them in order of release, so it's pretty obvious, but still a flaw I think.

20 slots filled now. I only have room for Rush to make a max of more studio recordings. After that I guess they had better send me a bigger cd holder or I won't be buying their albums.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 20 2012, 11:13 PM)
Mine looks exactly the same except there isn't a white bar in the middle of the digipack. I'm not sure if that's the flash or what.

Am I the only one that really likes digipacks?

I don't like them because they're not durable. Also, I have a rack for my Rush CDs, and because they're thinner then jewel cases, they don't sit in it properly.

They should consider that those still interested in buying music on physical media want something that's durable and will last, not a case made from paper.