Roadrunner Records vs Warner Music Group

The Owl

I for the most part love roadrunner records they literally have 4 or 5 of my top 10 bands signed to them, but in the past few weeks it seems as rr's parent company Warner Music Group seems to be dissolving the label. Between legal issues between RR and WMG surrounding the roadrunner youtube channel, wmg "acquiring" 100 Percent of Roadrunner share holdings, Roadrunner CEO resigning, UK/Canadian/European Roadrunner offices being shut down.... etc. It seems that Roadrunner records will soon be no more. Which is really a shame, because they are really good at promoting their artists,and providing content with the fans of the bands they have signed...

My question is that (and why I posted this topic here instead of MOTS) since Rush is signed under Roadrunner Records what and how will this effect the band (as well as other artists signed to them)? Even RR staffers do not know will happen to artists signed under them.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 16 2012, 03:32 PM)
Zero effect.
RUSH has been a WMG act since Presto.

In terms of being dropped...no nothing will happen. But in terms of promotion...hell yes. Roadrunner promoted the hell out of a live album (Time Machine) then Warner has ever done with any of Rush's studio albums when they were jus under them.

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 16 2012, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ May 16 2012, 03:32 PM)
Zero effect.
RUSH has been a WMG act since Presto.

In terms of being dropped...no nothing will happen. But in terms of promotion...hell yes. Roadrunner promoted the hell out of a live album (Time Machine) then Warner has ever done with any of Rush's studio albums when they were jus under them.

RoadRunner still exists and will continue to promote their acts.

it's the smaller acts on RR that need to worry.

It's a non-issue for RUSH.