Attempting To Get Tour Autographs

TheY2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 5 2012, 05:16 PM)
Absolutely! I'm going to bring a pad, write (For Alex) on the front page, circulate it across the front row, aquiring everyones signature! Then I'm going to systematically hunt them down during 2013 shooting each and everyone listed on the pad in their Temples 21 times with a 12 millimeter pistol. Like this, they can't get front row on the R40 Tour, improving my chances!

admin.gif

I'm crazy you say? wacko.gif fing.gif

Perhaps, but by writing this down now, here, I'll have an alibi for later!

"I've been framed your honor!" Anyone at TRF could have read this and committed these heinous crimes!

cool.gif

This should be deleted. Any posts mentioning this type of behavior should be removed!

dazed025.gif

QUOTE (andrew28 @ May 7 2012, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ May 5 2012, 08:13 AM)
If you choose to send an item to a venue here are a few rules to follow.

1. Send it far enough in advance to make sure it arrives before the day of the show, but not too far in advance that it gets tossed in a pile at the venue and forgotten about.

2. Be willing to lose whatever you send to the venue. There is no guarantee it will be returned to you, signed or not.

3. Don't send anything of significant value (re: rule 2)

4. A brief note is cool but don't write a chapter.

5. Remember, it's a crapshoot. You might win, you might lose.

6. Read rule #2 a few more times before you send off your item.

and finally.

7. Don't forget to include your return address!!!!

edit:  I forgot to add that a SASE with proper postage is a realllly good idea.

I would add to this, that you address it to Liam Birt, tour manager.

That way the person in the mail room at the arena may think that it's actually something important (not to imply that your COS Gatefold LP isn't important). smile.gif

I've done it three times.

The first, I got nothing back (sent an R30 Tour Book).

The 2nd time I got the S&A CD booklet you see in my profile.

The 3rd time I sent 2112 (with a silver sharpie) and Signals (with instructions to make it out to my brother). They did everything perfectly and even returned the silver sharpie.

That's why they rule.

When you say tour manager, do you mean for the Rush tour or specific for tours going to a specific venue?

Following advice from the forum last year I hand delivered my 2112 album cover to Newcastle Arena in the UK, addressed to the Rush Tour Manager and including a brief polite request letter to the band and a self-addressed stamped envelope.

I was advised by arena staff that they would pass on to band, but couldn't give any assurances to what would happen after that.

Received album back in post a week later, signed by the band applaudit.gif

It seems that if venue pass items on to band, they will be signed. A few people posted on here last year about not receiving anything back from Birmingham NEC, but that seems to be down to the venue rather than the band.

Good Luck