Alex lifeson CTTH solo

TheY2k

Does anyone have tabs or know how to play the accustic bit before closer to the heart from the time machine tour? I really want to play it and I have a hard time watching people playing it only is hard for me. Can anyone please help me out?!

There are lots of ppl doing Rush music, and writing up the tabs. Try "tab-con" or rush tab-con. Something like that. Dont know where you live but if you are any where near WI, you might wanna check a tab con out. I am going for my first one in abt 6 weeks time! Edited by hastoloverush

Saddly it's not there. I'm looking for JUST the intro for closer to the heart from the clock work angels tour. Remember the solo before the song, yea that one

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Sep 2 2011, 02:15 PM)
Saddly it's not there. I'm looking for JUST the intro for closer to the heart from the clock work angels tour. Remember the solo before the song, yea that one

Anybuddy?

QUOTE (goincd3 @ Sep 18 2011, 10:46 PM)
Check youtube, some good videos there. It's actually pretty simple once you learn it, just a few parts. I still don't know all of it though lol

Could you tab the parts you have already learned for me please sad.gif

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Sep 22 2011, 08:01 PM)
YES IM LOOKING FOR THAT!!! the intro!!! Everyone watch the video if your confused

Don't think you are going to find the tab for that.

Just listen to it over and over and start moving your hands around on the fretboard and find the notes. Use your ear even if it seems to take forever...it's worth it.

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Sep 18 2011, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (goincd3 @ Sep 18 2011, 10:46 PM)
Check youtube, some good videos there. It's actually pretty simple once you learn it, just a few parts. I still don't know all of it though lol

Could you tab the parts you have already learned for me please sad.gif

I would but i've never done tab before..

Here are some links to a couple videos of Alex I used to get a general idea of how he played it...

I prefer the second one, it has a great view of his hands almost the entire intro, and it's in HD.

And heres a few covers from youtube that I found were the most accurate

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlGozUuhhI (best one)

All these should give you a good idea of how its played. Pretty much all two note chords played with the bottom strings open for that signature beautiful 12 string sound.

Thanks man but it's hard for me to get the chords right. Is there anyone who have tabs for this song?