Did I buy a bootleg CD?

USB Connector

I went to HMV, they were having a special of 2 CDs for 15$. I have always known HMV to be two things: overpriced and always carrying quality merchandise that can be hard to find. I saw Rush's debut album was in the category of the special. Eventually I found Blue Oyster Cult's "The Collection" (Amazon link here: http://www.amazon.com/Collection-Blue-Oyst...13804968&sr=8-6 ). Now I played The Reaper, Godzilla and Burnin' for You on my stereo to find that there was more static in them than in any other CD I own. I then looked up the CD on wikipedia, blue oyster cult's website and sony music to find it doesn't exist. Is this a legitimate release? Have the recordings always been this statick-y? I ask because I'm sure they sound better in Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Its probably just a compilation released by one of their labels, like the ones you see in Walgreens and WalMart. I have most of BOC's studio albums and they all sound good to me.

You're much better off picking up their studio albums. Most can be bought for a few dollars on Amazon.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 19 2011, 10:28 PM)
Its probably just a compilation released by one of their labels, like the ones you see in Walgreens and WalMart. I have most of BOC's studio albums and they all sound good to me.

You're much better off picking up their studio albums. Most can be bought for a few dollars on Amazon.

Alright thanks. I should be sticking with amazon for CDs, I just keep forgetting you can buy things on the internet. tongue.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 19 2011, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 19 2011, 10:28 PM)

Alright thanks. I should be sticking with amazon for CDs, I just keep forgetting you can buy things on the internet. tongue.gif

Just found this on cd universe:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8356695

It says its a 2010 UK compilation, so its not a bootleg.