BIG TIME RUSH?!!

RUSHian62

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jul 9 2011, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Atomic @ Jul 8 2011, 12:26 PM)
Don't knock 'em too hard. My daughter lovs them and actually, as pop boy bands go, they're not bad. In fact, their TV show is pretty damned funny... like a modern day Monkees.

No offence, but probably your daughter is child of 8 to 13 yeras old with no musical taste at all and who also likes Hanna Montana. Thats the only kind of people who can like this kind of garbage. Sorry but its the thruth.

No, it's YOUR opinion.

My daughter likes Rush and often requests I put them on in the car. So you're wrong in assuming she has no taste... she has better taste in music than many adults I know.

Fact is, the BTR songs are pretty catchy and my wife and I catch ourselves humming them from time to time and then laughing. They're pre-packaged pop, but they are catchy and fun to listen to.

FWIW, I've been a hard-core Rush fan since 1977. So MY opinion is that BTR isn't exactly quality music, but it's catchy and fun and yeah, in a couple of years they'll be gone, like all boy bands.

They're no Rush but they're better than a lot of pre-packaged crap out there.

Edited by Atomic

QUOTE (Atomic @ Jul 9 2011, 04:49 PM)
Don't knock 'em too hard. My daughter lovs them and actually, as pop boy bands go, they're not bad. In fact, their TV show is pretty damned funny... like a modern day Monkees.

No offence, but probably your daughter is child of 8 to 13 yeras old with no musical taste at all and who also likes Hanna Montana. Thats the only kind of people who can like this kind of garbage. Sorry but its the thruth.

No, it's YOUR opinion.

My daughter likes Rush and often requests I put them on in the car. So you're wrong in assuming she has no taste... she has better taste in music than many adults I know.

Fact is, the BTR songs are pretty catchy and my wife and I catch ourselves humming them from time to time and then laughing. They're pre-packaged pop, but they are catchy and fun to listen to.

FWIW, I've been a hard-core Rush fan since 1977. So MY opinion is that BTR isn't exactly quality music, but it's catchy and fun and yeah, in a couple of years they'll be gone, like all boy bands.

You know, im not gonna argue because i have no kids, no wife and every single boy-band song that i ever heard is a complete crap, so if you say they are at least catchy, i will give you that, but com'on, if you wanna listen something catchy, at least listen to metallica or something like it. Geez, i dont like music just for been catchy, i think it should be some art on it, not just a makin-money machine.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jul 9 2011, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (Atomic @ Jul 9 2011, 04:49 PM)

No, it's YOUR opinion.

You know, im not gonna argue because i have no kids, no wife and every single boy-band song that i ever heard is a complete crap, so if you say they are at least catchy, i will give you that, but com'on, if you wanna listen something catchy, at least listen to metallica or something like it. Geez, i dont like music just for been catchy, i think it should be some art on it, not just a makin-money machine.

LOL... actually, I can't stand Metallica. Never could.

FWIW, BTR is brilliant marketing. Start a band of pop boys, turn it into a TV show and then have the 'band' cut albums and go on tour, while still performing on the tv show. It's brilliant. Also FWIW, the TV show is pretty funny and more entertaining than their music.

Unfortunately, I have heard of this band, or group, or whatever in the world they are.

Heard them? No. I don't have kids, and don't watch the Disney Channel or Nickelodeon. I avoid all that "kid stuff."

I'm still trying to recover from Justin Biebler. I still am not over how famous that twit is.