Your top critique about Rush

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (Cygnals @ Jan 18 2011, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Jan 18 2011, 04:20 PM)
I agree about the rigid set lists. They could easily alternate songs and Im not sure why they dont. They are too rehearsed in the live performances, and I wish they would throw in some improvisation here and there to spice it up. Heck my band covers a couple of Rush songs and we do extended improv jams at the ends of them and our audiences love it.

Oh and also I agree about the alternagrunge songs. They dont need to do 20 minute prog songs about elve'n love, but stretch them out a little. I think Caravan was pretty cool although the vocal melody wasnt that great IMHO.

I've been thinking that too for years. Very rarely do they stray from the setlist, if ever. Granted, on the VT tour they rotated Ghost Rider and CU, but man, it would be sweet if they changed the setlist each night out ala Tool and Metallica.

But I think it has to do with the videos that accompany the songs, as well as the choreographed lighting sequences. A lot of effort goes into that stuff.

Or something else...

They're too methodical to do a freestyle setlist. Maybe when they're geezers doing the small venue routine.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived