The Art of Racing Through the Rain

briremo

I was given this book by a client after she asked if I was a dog lover. It looks at the life of a young family headed by an aspiring race car driver. The interesting thing is the entire book is told through the eyes of the family dog. The protagonist goes through some heart wrenching tribulations and perseveres through sheer determination. Inspiring.

The book is full of metaphors on life through racing and the sensibilities of a loving best friend. The doggy wub.gif

I literally had tears streaming down my cheeks at the end of this book. Simply beautiful.

This is from a guy that loves Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, King, and Tim Dorsey.

Edited by briremo

Read it couple years ago, very emotional ending.

If your really into grand prix auto racing you would enjoy the detailed descriptions of what it's like to get behind the wheel. Those parts really didn't interest me that much. Still it's a good story, although thought Stein gave Enzo to many "human" qualities (vocabulary, & thoughts) and not enough dog sense!. wink.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 20 2010, 12:08 AM)
Read it couple years ago, very emotional ending.
If your really into grand prix auto racing you would enjoy the detailed descriptions of what it's like to get behind the wheel. Those parts really didn't interest me that much. Still it's a good story, although thought Stein gave Enzo to many "human" qualities (vocabulary, & thoughts) and not enough dog sense!. wink.gif

doooog yeeeea-

ph34r.gif