My Front Row Rush Experience

Alex

QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 12 2010, 01:10 PM)
When they first came out and played the opening song I was in total disbelief that Geddy Lee was that close to me! I was one of the only guys who knew the lyrics to every song and I was singing along really loud! Geddy Lee made eye contact with me several times and smiled or gave me a cool facial expression! The best part was when they played Freewill! After Geddy's high vocal part (EACH OF US, A CELL OF AWARENESS etc.) I was impressed! He sometimes has trouble with it but DAMN did he do it well that night. Right after he was done I gave him a nod of congratulations and thumbs up for nailing it vocally. He looked RIGHT at me nodded back and gave me a quick thumbs up back! I couldn't believe it! During the Camera Eye after a certain vocal part that he completely nailed Geddy gave the thumbs up to me first and nodded! I gave him a thumbs up back and nodded he smiled a great smile and the proceeded to keep playing!

MAN......that is one of the coolest Rush concert stories I've ever heard.

To have that kind of interaction with the band has to be such an amazing feeling! Good for you! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 14 2010, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 12 2010, 01:10 PM)
When they first came out and played the opening song I was in total disbelief that Geddy Lee was that close to me! I was one of the only guys who knew the lyrics to every song and I was singing along really loud! Geddy Lee made eye contact with me several times and smiled or gave me a cool facial expression! The best part was when they played Freewill! After Geddy's high vocal part (EACH OF US, A CELL OF AWARENESS etc.) I was impressed! He sometimes has trouble with it but DAMN did he do it well that night. Right after he was done I gave him a nod of congratulations and thumbs up for nailing it vocally. He looked RIGHT at me nodded back and gave me a quick thumbs up back! I couldn't believe it! During the Camera Eye after a certain vocal part that he completely nailed Geddy gave the thumbs up to me first and nodded! I gave him a thumbs up back and nodded he smiled a great smile and the proceeded to keep playing!

MAN......that is one of the coolest Rush concert stories I've ever heard.

To have that kind of interaction with the band has to be such an amazing feeling! Good for you! applaudit.gif

I was completely surprised!

These are some cool stories.

You guys had a brush with true greatness.

The closest I came to Geddy was at MSG.

I spent $150 for a ticket and was seated as far back as possible. I happen to be the shortest guy there and I was seated behind the tallest guy who happend to be on shrooms, meth, dust, Special K, smack, acid, speed, coke, Extacy, Zanax, Vicodan, a case of beer on one shoulder and a newborn baby on the other all while chain smoking cigaretts and Pot.

But when I lit up I nearly got thrown out angry.gif

So to all you tall guy's, If you se a short guy behind you, please offer to put him on you shoulders so he can see Geddy and feel blessed like you guys. b_sigh.gif

And pass along some of that stuff. tongue.gif

BTW, some of this was slightly exagerated.

Edited by razor blade

Love hearing/sharing concert experiences....I had my front row moment on the T4E tour in Dayton Ohio thanks to my friends Dave/Duane/Bill. It really IS a different show when you are sitting that close.

Neat to see the boys interact, laugh and have fun while on stage.