Citibank Presale change

hazlnut

Just tried to buy seats for Irvine Meadows (Verizon) and TM is now making you use a Citibank Card to purchase the tickets. -- I had a nice set of lodge seats but couldn't get them because I no longer bank with those crooks.

I mention this because I was able to buy Jones Beach seats during the presale w/o a Citicard. (Ha!) I wonder if the state law is different in CA vs NY and/or Citibank caught on that people were finding the code on the internet and not using their cards to make the purchase. (Ha!)

Either way, I'm glad I was able grab decent seats for the NY July show using Citibank but not having to pay Citibank one cent of interest or fees. (Ha!) Thanks for the great seats Citibank!

I'll have to try the public sale for Irvine Meadows on Saturday. Or start watching the ol' Stubhub.

I noticed some presale folks already have their tickets up on Stubhub. I'm glad they are undercutting pro scalpers by pricing their seats just above face.

Edited by hazlnut

Can someone explain to me the difference between someone breaking the rules to scalp tickets and someone doing whatever they can for themselves to find ways around the rules such as the Citi presale? Selfishness is selfishness and breaking the rules does not help anyone or the effort to try to make things better for fans.

QUOTE (Sgt.D @ Apr 20 2010, 04:19 PM)
Can someone explain to me the difference between someone breaking the rules to scalp tickets and someone doing whatever they can for themselves to find ways around the rules such as the Citi presale? Selfishness is selfishness and breaking the rules does not help anyone or the effort to try to make things better for fans.

This is a rock concert we're talking about right?

Which 'rules' are these?

It's against the rules to smoke pot at a concert and for minors to consume alcohol in the parking lot.

It's against the rules to sell tickets outside a venue.

It's against the rules to record or videotape a concert.

It's against the rules to wait for the event staff person to leave his post so you can move to a closer seat.

It's against the rules to hurl a half-filled beer at the stage when band is 45 minutes late going on.

It's against the rules for a woman to lift her top and reveal her breasts in public.

Oral copulation can be against the rules.

It's against the rules to urinate in the parking lot.

For the record, I've never videotape or recorded a concert. Nor have I ever lifted my top.

I remember back in 1985 there was the Phil Collins 'No Ticket (Jacket) Required' concert at Irvine Meadows. A number of people trudged through the old Lion Country Safari all the way around to the backside of the lawn and climbed over the fence. One of them told the tale of falling into an old animal trap and having to climb out.

I do remember when some of them reached the back fence, people inside the concert (paying customers) told them when the coast was clear so they could climb over. Why would the paying customer aide the freeloaders covered in weeds and dirt? Because that's Rock and Roll baby?