Cryptic Rush lyrics

Freewill87

Fridge, I would have agreed with you right up until SnA. This is the first album that I had trouble getting my head around a line or two.

TEARS

I've listened to that song since I was a teen, and I'm not completely lost on the lyrics. And yes, I know it's not a favorite...but I like it. The lyrics are a bit confusing and vague. I interpret that it's about some kind of infidelity, but why is she crying for him? Was it her infidelity? Or is it even about infidelity? And why do "tears that only cry" touch him deeper? wacko.gif

Could someone give their take on these lyrics? Thanks!

Edited by Pwrgirl35

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 14 2007, 10:43 AM) I think it's good when songs are open to interpretation. My favourite part of the Snakes And Arrows documentary is when Geddy talks about how sometimes to him a song is about something that is totally different from what it's about to Neil, and how that's okay with both of them. That, too, I think, is part of the magic.

It's funny how people can take different meanings from a song.

When different people (from different cultural backgrounds, ages, socioeconomic groups) all interpret the same thing in the same way, it's called "mass entertainment."

When different people all interpret the same in different ways, it's called "art."