Tim Reynolds

thestand

Tim Reynolds has for long been known by me as "that creepy short guy that plays with Dave Matthews Band sometimes." But just recently I've been finding aud and vid of him, and the man is insanely talented.

First off, when I said "creepy short guy" I wasn't kidding, his acoustic guitars dwarf him.

But as for the music-

This first video shows more of his pure acoustic shows. One of the things that makes him amazing is his use of electronics, but this video doesn't have any. The video has some synching problems, but it is still amazing-

(a lot of ambient crowd noise, so sorry for that.)

The next video really shows his incredible use of delay/looping/so on and so forth. Two songs put together (presumably a skip in recording) 1st is "One Note One Dream One One Eleven Demensions" and the second without the looping is "Rheginos and the Ressurection"-

But this is the MUST SEE, my favorite song of his, Kundalini Bonfire-

Just a wonderful player. But of course, in most places when you search for Tim Reynolds, you get a lot of (Dave Matthews band and) Tim Reynolds.

QUOTE (thestand @ May 6 2006, 10:38 PM)
Just a wonderful player. But of course, in most places when you search for Tim Reynolds, you get a lot of (Dave Matthews band and) Tim Reynolds.

nothing wrong w/ getting DMB & timmay!

tim as awesome! i have seen him w/ dave @ the dave & tim tour in '03 & then i have seen him w. dave & friends and also solo w/ bd...amazing! nothing but awesome!

Tim Reynolds has for long been known by me as "that creepy short guy that plays with Dave Matthews Band sometimes." But just recently I've been finding aud and vid of him, and the man is insanely talented.

First off, when I said "creepy short guy" I wasn't kidding, his acoustic guitars dwarf him.

But as for the music-

This first video shows more of his pure acoustic shows. One of the things that makes him amazing is his use of electronics, but this video doesn't have any. The video has some synching problems, but it is still amazing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhYAzjkRog (a lot of ambient crowd noise, so sorry for that.)

The next video really shows his incredible use of delay/looping/so on and so forth. Two songs put together (presumably a skip in recording) 1st is "One Note One Dream One One Eleven Demensions" and the second without the looping is "Rheginos and the Ressurection"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Yk4osrB30

But this is the MUST SEE, my favorite song of his, Kundalini Bonfire- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ghCVPIE-k

i see a fellow davehead...how are you my friend?

But as for the music-

This first video shows more of his pure acoustic shows. One of the things that makes him amazing is his use of electronics, but this video doesn't have any. The video has some synching problems, but it is still amazing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhYAzjkRog (a lot of ambient crowd noise, so sorry for that.)

The next video really shows his incredible use of delay/looping/so on and so forth. Two songs put together (presumably a skip in recording) 1st is "One Note One Dream One One Eleven Demensions" and the second without the looping is "Rheginos and the Ressurection"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Yk4osrB30

But this is the MUST SEE, my favorite song of his, Kundalini Bonfire- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ghCVPIE-k

On the first DM Storytellers from 1998/99, DM just had Timmy on board. On one track, Timmy played some nasty slide on the song which it's chorus ended with "or am I dreaming" and did a killer slide solo in place of the violin. Same on Ants Marching.

QUOTE (thestand @ May 13 2006, 12:38 PM)
Very good, and yourself? Where are you going show-wise this summer? I've got my SPAC and Randalls Island tix, and may be joining a friend at the Gorge.

not too bad now that i have a beer in hand!

i'm going to polaris & riverbend...a friend of mine has an extra for the virginia beach show(i believe that was it), but i don't think i'll be able to make it. too many other shows & the money tree isn't in MY back yard...

i just saw on one of the dmb boards i frequent-www.dmbforums.com-that dm played sister...not really sure about the song other than it was played in 94, but he played it each night in the uk the past 3 shows.

i'm getting anxious for this tour as i do every year!

if you have a chance to go to the gorge, GO! nothing better! if you are staying @ a hotel, try to book a room @ the best western that's about 20 mins away from the gorge. it's where the band stays. when i went there in 04, i met butch as he was getting ready to board the bus...he bs'ed w/ us a while talked to me about the gorge cd's i had him sign.

QUOTE (arcitek25 @ May 14 2006, 03:50 AM)
QUOTE (thestand @ May 13 2006, 12:38 PM)
Very good, and yourself? Where are you going show-wise this summer? I've got my SPAC and Randalls Island tix, and may be joining a friend at the Gorge.

not too bad now that i have a beer in hand!

i'm going to polaris & riverbend...a friend of mine has an extra for the virginia beach show(i believe that was it), but i don't think i'll be able to make it. too many other shows & the money tree isn't in MY back yard...

i just saw on one of the dmb boards i frequent-www.dmbforums.com-that dm played sister...not really sure about the song other than it was played in 94, but he played it each night in the uk the past 3 shows.

i'm getting anxious for this tour as i do every year!

if you have a chance to go to the gorge, GO! nothing better! if you are staying @ a hotel, try to book a room @ the best western that's about 20 mins away from the gorge. it's where the band stays. when i went there in 04, i met butch as he was getting ready to board the bus...he bs'ed w/ us a while talked to me about the gorge cd's i had him sign.

That's insanely cool about Butch. Does he look like a crazy high school physics teacher off stage too?

Oh, and at one of the UK shows, Dave said Rashawn Ross WILL guest on the entire tour. Here's the full quote-

"...and bringing all my friends. We added this er, well I think for a little while, as long as he'll have us, we got this trumpet player, this guy named Rashawn Ross. This man can blow a trumpet. Good grief, holy cow, holy crap. He's a big dude, and he just screw that thing into his face. Only dogs can hear it sometimes. Him and LeRoi make a nasty, I'm gonna ramble on about someone..."

And I'm a regular over at http://www.antsmarching.org

Archived