Am I the only one?

teliriumdrigger

QUOTE (teliriumdrigger @ Dec 19 2005, 07:09 PM)
does anyone think original rush-influenced music would be accepted today? And im not talking just about the progressive side of their music but all of it as a whole.

Yes, there are a lot of bands these days who are influenced by Rush. Underground, Mainstream, in peoples Garages, everywhere. As long as it don't sound like a pure ripoff and it's good music then I say people will accept it.

It's possible to be influenced by a band and not sound exactly like them.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 06:46 PM)
When I was 13-years-old, Rush, The Police, The Clash, The Pretenders were all breaking out, among other great bands. I feel so sorry for you youngin's. There is too much crap music to deal with these days. The only hope I can see comes from bands that rarely, if ever, get the kind of exposure to reach the new generation of musicians. I guess that's why I think of you Analog Kids as not being a run-of-the-mill representation of your generation. How unfortunate that such a small portion of your peers can find inspiration in bands like Rush. Good for you guys to recognize real musicians when you hear them. 1022.gif

Ummm... old.gif

ph34r.gif

One of the most honest, true posts I've read in a long time. trink39.gif

Positive Karma for you

K+ trink39.gif

When I was 13-years-old, Rush, The Police, The Clash, The Pretenders were all breaking out, among other great bands. I feel so sorry for you youngin's. There is too much crap music to deal with these days. The only hope I can see comes from bands that rarely, if ever, get the kind of exposure to reach the new generation of musicians. I guess that's why I think of you Analog Kids as not being a run-of-the-mill representation of your generation. How unfortunate that such a small portion of your peers can find inspiration in bands like Rush. Good for you guys to recognize real musicians when you hear them. 

I'm 26, and am fortunate to have a dad who is an open-minded, bad ass musician...and he has exposed me to a great deal of good music, 'educated' me so to speak yes.gif .....I've always been a little bit 'different' than my peers when it comes to musical taste. Music is in my heart and soul....like a language only spoken by those who understand it. I heard 2.gif at 14 yrs old and have never turned back!!!

goodpost.gif sully sue wink.gif