Danica Patrick

war2112

Some of you may remember several posts I made back in May supporting Danica's fortunes in the IRL.

I still do, but I'm getting a little tired of Danica not going for it.

It's the same old tired refrain every damn IRL weekend. She will start at or near the front (on the pole last weekend, her second of the year) and then drop back at least several positions in the first 5-10 laps into what the announcers have become accustomed to calling her "comfort zone".

Bull.

There is no reason why one of the most consistently fastest drivers on the circuit should give up spots like this. She is one of the fastest drivers, too, for these three reasons:

1. she is a talented driver

2. she has a great Honda powered car and the luxury of a fantastic Rahal/Letterman team

3. She weighs less, which is to her advantage

Before anyone gets upset about that last reason, I would refer you back to my original posts in May where I clearly stated that I thought it was great that she weighs less.

Last weekend, she let 4 cars pass her in one lap. They went by her like she was sitting still. She was not experiencing any car trouble, either.

She also has been just downright atrocious on restarts. She has yet been unable to go from yellow to green without getting passed.

So, I wish she would stop pussy-footing around, put her right foot down, and GO! I know she is still a rookie, and I expect great things to come, but go dammit, go!

Rahal will not continue to support her if she does this next year, I can tell you that. That's why I want her to grab the brass ring. It is there for the taking. Janet Guthrie, Lyn St. James and Sarah Fisher did not have the kind of backing she has right now.

OK, I'm out.

Archived