Fountainhead

Test4VitalSigns

Rumor has it there will be a remake of Ayn Rand's "Fountainhead" with Brad Pitt playing lead role and with Oliver stone directing...I've always wanted to see the original movie with gary Cooper (1949 I believe) ...This is the story in which Neil based 2112 on so I've heard

They'll probably rip the story to shreds first...

2112 is based on the Ayn Rand book 'Anthem', which is the story of a man in a future dystopian society who discovers electricity, tries to present it to the elders, then has to flee for his life. The society is so communistic that saying the word 'I' will get the person executed.

I'm looking forward to what will probably be a mini-series based on 'Atlas Shrugged".

Sweetmiracle u r right...had the wrong story...but i've heard some elements of Fountainhead influenced neil in writing 2112 especially in creating the character Anonymous...there is a lot of Howard Roark in Anonymous as far as struggling with the conflict in being able to express his individuality

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 9 2004, 12:18 PM)
Sweetmiracle u r right...had the wrong story...but i've heard some elements of Fountainhead influenced neil in writing 2112 especially in creating the character Anonymous...there is a lot of Howard Roark in Anonymous as far as struggling with the conflict in being able to express his individuality

You're right there, though AR had many characters in that mode...

Equality 7-2521 is like a less developed Howard Roark... then there's Hank Reardon...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 9 2004, 11:44 AM)
Rumor has it there will be a remake of Ayn Rand's "Fountainhead" with Brad Pitt playing lead role and with Oliver stone directing...I've always wanted to see the original movie with gary Cooper (1949 I believe) ...This is the story in which Neil based 2112 on so I've heard

I hope not as the original is fantastic