A Show Of Hands Blue Ray

Lock And Key

Blu ray doesn't upgrade any DVD video quality, that is a misconception. A blu ray player reads DVD's with a DVD lens, not the blu ray lens.

Sorry Lock And Key, but I don't believe they have released ASOH on blu ray. I would have bought it cause I believe that blu ray audio is superior to DVD audio.

Blu ray doesn't upgrade any DVD video quality, that is a misconception. A blu ray player reads DVD's with a DVD lens, not the blu ray lens.

his may be true for some blu ray players. How about the blu ray players that say they upconvert 1080p

?

his may be true for some blu ray players. How about the blu ray players that say they upconvert 1080p

?

I check a couple of bluray player forums and the view is that If the player outputs an HD signal, then it upconverts.( you have to connect a HDMI cable between the player and the HDTV but don't expect Blu ray results.

Here is a thread on the topic http://www.highdefforum.com/blu-ray-players/128787-blu-ray-vs-upconverting-dvd.html

im just trying to help

not saying I,m right or your wrong, but again blu ray players read DVDs with a DVD lens, however I was told that the processor is better so that must be where the conception of better images comes from. Try this, put a dvd TV series from the seventies in a blu ray player, it won't look much better than if you were watching it in a DVD player. As a matter of fact it might look worse. Again everything depends upon what any show or movie was filmed in/on.
  • Like 1