Have you ever gotten to meet them? At a venue or elsewhere?

Curious to see how many people on here have gotten to met Geddy, Alex, Neil, or some combination. Or even anyone esle affiliated with the band. Also, was it at a show or elsewhere? Care to share your stories?

I met Ged and Alex at the radio premier of Snakes and Arrows at Q107 in Toronto. That was so cool.

More recently, I met Alex at a restaurant in Toronto. He was 1 or 2 tables over, and despite my wife's insistence that I either send him and his dinner guest a bottle of wine, or I walk over to say hello, I respected his privacy. It was only at the end of the night, as his buddy excused himself for a few minutes, and Alex was sitting by himself, that I thought it might be appropriate just to say a quick hello, and thank him for all his great work. Not only was he gracious and polite by rock star standards, he was as polite as any person I've ever met. EXTREMELY genuine in conversation. I was struck how he was totally engaged, talking, sharing, looking me straight in the eye. The only other " celebrity " that I've been told that has that level of kindness to strangers is Arnold Palmer. I've heard stories told that when he meets people, fans etc, he looks straight at them, talks to them, and makes them feel like they're the only ones in the room.

Al even suggested we take a pic (it's my profile pic here) and thanked me for stopping by his table to say hello.

The truth is, I'd be proud if my son grew up to be as honorable with others as Al is.

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 7

I've never met them but the story you just told is why I'm so fond of not only their music but of them as people. They seem very genuine and very unassuming. They have no "Eddie Van Halen Syndrome". Just regular guys who happen to be fantastic musicians and artists. It's an amazing rarity and I'm proud to call myself a fan.
  • Like 1