HDTracks 96/24 Hemispheres vs. 1987 Original CD

yetanothersteve

I have the original Hemispheres CD, purchased in '87 or '88.

822 547-2 M-1

Made in W. Germany

No scratches or problems with the disc, but I am wondering if I would hear more or be positively surprised by the sound of the HDTracks 96/24 flac compared to the original CD.

As background, I bought the HDTracks Vapor Trails and it fixes almost all the problems, to my ear, of the original VT CD.

I also have the Moving Pictures CD+DVD 30th anniversary edition and that CD is so much better than the Original CD release from the 80s and made in W. Germany that I also own, that the difference is very easy to hear.

It probably won't be much of a difference unless your computer can actually output in 96/24 and you have a nice pair of headphones or speakers.

I plan to copy them to a DVD and play them on my blu-ray player through the Onkyo receiver over digital coaxial (SPDIF).

I also plan to downsample to 44.1khz/16bit and burn a CD for the car.

Like I wrote previously, the Moving Pictures 30th anniversary remaster CD was a noticeable improvement over the original.

I was just wondering if someone had grabbed the Hemispheres HDTracks and had and opinion in comparison to other released versions.