CLASSIC ROCK MAGAZINE

RUSHFREAK101

this is sooo exciting to know that they will make another album

In a year that has a special resonance for Rush, promoters offered big money for a tour based on the band's landmark 70s album 2112. But rather than trade on the past, Rush moved forward with their most ambitious project to date: a first full concept album, and a genuine late-career masterpiece.

Geddy Lee tells Classic Rock: ""I think this album really sounds like Rush, the essence of who we are. One of the things we agreed up early was, 'Let's write a trio's album.' We wanted to have moments where it was just the three of us playing the way we play onstage.

"We had so many jams on the last tour where we allowed ourselves to freeform a bit. We enjoyed it so much that I said to the guys after the tour,
'Let's try to be that band on the next record.' It feels so essential, and it's what we're about."

I really hope they do make another album (especially since CA is just so darn good!), but I think that quote in bold is referring to CA itself. I don't think there are any plans for a new album yet; they've got a lot more touring to do before they can sit down and say, "OK, what's next?" :D

Ha, Eaglemoon beat me to it by a nanosecond!

Edited by Mika

The reason why i think its not clockwork angels because this was in regards to Clockwork Angels being the number one Album for 2012

""I think this album really sounds like Rush, the essence of who we are. One of the things we agreed up early was, 'Let's write a trio's album.'

this is Clockwork Angels

but

'Let's try to be that band on the next record.' It feels so essential, and it's what we're about."

is after clockwork angels

I could be wrong i hope im not but you can check it out at RIAB web-site as well as Cygnus X-1 web-site

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/features/top-40-albums-of-2012-nos-20-1-plus-playlist/