Ghost in The Shell

Astromancer

I recently finished watching Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig, and can say with certainty that it's my favorite thing. Ever. Finishing Second Gig finalized my consumption of most available video media linked to the franchise; I've seen both feature films, and Solid State Society.

I have not once been disappointed in anything I've watched. It's consistently brilliant, gorgeous, and compelling. No series I've seen has ever hit so hard visually, philosophically, or thematically. From the dark, cyberpunk thrill of the first feature film, through the beautiful intricacy of SAC's Laughing Man case and refugee-based political tension, to Solid State Society's disturbing ending, it's kept me thinking and saying "f**k yeah" from start to finish.

I think some people are turned off of it by their preconception of what anime is. This series is not f***ing Naruto, or Beyblade, or some other crap. It's an adult-oriented piece of brutally smart artwork that will hammer you with greatness from every direction, and always leave you wishing that it was never-ending.

Is anyone else a fan? Or a massive fan?