Transit Method - I'm excited about these guys

Drewski

In late September, I went to my favorite concert bar called the High Dive, which is located in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle. There was no reason in particular, I just wanted to see some live music and the High Dive rarely disappoints. Long story short, I looked up each band playing that night on spotify. The band which played second instantly caught my attention. They were Transit Method and promoting their latest release We Won't Get Out of Here Alive, in the southwest and west coast of the US.

I have a hard time describing a band, but I came across this quick review of their latest album and it pretty much sums up what I would say.

Transit Method: We Won’t Get Out of Here Alive (Brutal Panda Records)

Crashing riffs, a psychedelic edge and the raw passion of early Jane’s Addiction all combine in this interesting release by Transit Method, who are a three-piece outfit from Austin, Texas. From the opening smoking tentacles of Snake Wine, past the trippy Cloud Zeppelin to the rampaging Parasight there is a diversity here that demands your attention and repeated plays. At times the band merge into the territory of early Rush [...], with their straightforward rock interspersed with journeys into the land of the progressive, time changes but retaining their cutting edge. Snake Wine sets their stall out with some fine guitar from Matt LoCoco, whose Perry Farrell meets Geddy Lee vocals are quite spectacular whilst there is an underlying funk groove to Beside Moonlight. The more I played this album the deeper immersed I became. The Rush style of Clones was well appreciated and the nine-minute Outlaw By Disguise closing track is just an epic worthy of greatness. This is an essential listen. 9/10"

http://musipediaofme...thod-voice.html

YouTube Links (they have all their music on Spotify too):

Artificial Genesis -

Snake Wine -

Parsight -

Roach -

Anyways, I've been a fanboy of theirs ever since I saw them. And yes, they can play live -- really, really good. Like Rush, Transit Method's songs have to be listened to a few times before you realize how great they really are. The radio hit's are Snake Wine and Parsight, with one of my favorites being Worlds Apart. Like the review above suggests, Clones is probably most similar to Rush, but by no means is a copy. They're just a bad ass Prog Rock trio doing their thing.

Enjoy!