Side-Long Epics

Room 34

For those of you who haven't taken the polls yet, here they are:

Lamneth vs. 2112

2112 vs. Hemispheres

Lamneth vs. Hemispheres

I did the 3 separate polls so we could compare each of Rush's 3 side-long epics against the others. General discussion of the polls should take place in this thread.

I'll tally the total votes each has received here and update it periodically. As of 11 AM CDT on March 24, the totals are:

Hemispheres - 16

2112 - 6

Lamneth - 4

Early on, it's looking like "Hemispheres" is the clear favorite among the 3. Not surprising. I expect the bigger fight to be between "Lamneth" and "2112" for second place.

I know "2112" is considered the band's big classic, but it seems like among hardcore fans there's more support for "Lamneth." (Not saying that the average hardcore fan ultimately prefers it, just that the general public probably has never even HEARD of it!)

Personally, I prefer "Lamneth" over "2112" (but "Hemispheres" is definitely my favorite of the 3). I'm not sure what it is, but "2112" just seems a little shallow and repetitive compared to "Lamneth." I find the story in "Lamneth" a little more engaging and mysterious, and the music more varied and enjoyable. (Plus, I suppose my habit of always rooting for the underdog is a factor, too. smile.gif )

I went Fountain of Lamneth, Fountain of Lamneth, 2112.

I LOVE all three, of course.

Archived