Calling all...

D-13

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 10 2005, 12:46 PM)
I've heard this band name pop up a few times in the last couple of months, once I get to a computer that I can listen to music off of, I will check them out.

biggrin.gif they will not let you down! biggrin.gif

Their coming to Kingston September 26th... to bad that I'm only 18 and I have to be 19 to get in... at a local pub downtown.

QUOTE (rushengal @ Aug 10 2005, 04:50 PM)
Their coming to Kingston September 26th... to bad that I'm only 18 and I have to be 19 to get in... at a local pub downtown.

sad.gif

Wow, finally got around to listening to this and I am impressed.

11/3/05 San Francisco CA Slims

I know what I will be doing that night.

Edit) HEY! According to thier website, Death of a Party is opening for them. I saw them and met a couple of the band members a few weeks ago when they opened for Every Move A Picture, they are a really cool band. I wonder if the singer is going to jump down into the audience and dance all up against everyone again.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 15 2005, 10:21 PM)
Wow, finally got around to listening to this and I am impressed.

11/3/05 San Francisco CA Slims

I know what I will be doing that night.

Edit) HEY! According to thier website, Death of a Party is opening for them. I saw them and met a couple of the band members a few weeks ago when they opened for Every Move A Picture, they are a really cool band. I wonder if the singer is going to jump down into the audience and dance all up against everyone again.

Cool Moon!!! biggrin.gif Lucky! They are coming to Calgary but tickets went on sale on last friday, which was the day I was traveling on a plane!!! And I emailed my friend if there was any tickets left..and it went really quick..sad.gif That happened with me with Tegan and Sara tickets..I was gone to nationals for snowboarding! mad.gif ...meh whatever i'm 18 in 16 days so I can go to many many shows after that biggrin.gif

Thats cool moon! biggrin.gif Yeah I love Metric, really upbeat and gets you going. I use it for snowboarding when i'm warming up smile.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 16 2005, 11:55 AM)
Try showing up to the venue anyway, there are usually scalpers there and you could probably still get in. I've gotten into a show for free doing it that way once or twice wink.gif

Really? I may have to do that!

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 19 2007, 10:57 PM)
They were playing at Bumbershoot last year. I wanted to see them, but they were playing at the same time as A Tribe Called Quest. I have my priorities.

This band is a must to see live....they are awesome!. Moon can vouch for that. smile.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 20 2007, 12:57 AM)
They were playing at Bumbershoot last year. I wanted to see them, but they were playing at the same time as A Tribe Called Quest. I have my priorities.

Metric > A tribe called quest

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 29 2007, 04:43 PM)
Just got three albums from these guys! I think it's their whole discography... I have Grow Up and Blow Away, Live it Out and Old World Underground. Listening to Old World right now, loving it.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

I saw them a week ago in Toronto too, and I agree, they were amazing live. Also this concert got me into one of the opening bands I hadn't heard before, the Dears. They just blew my mind when they took the stage. I can't stop listening to them now.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Dec 23 2008, 05:16 PM)
Yeah, they were pretty awesome too. I bought their CD. Toyko Police Club were the main reason I went, though. Those guys just rock.

Really? I thought all their songs were generic and sounded the same. Could have easily done without them.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Dec 23 2008, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Dec 23 2008, 05:16 PM)
Yeah, they were pretty awesome too. I bought their CD. Toyko Police Club were the main reason I went, though. Those guys just rock.

Really? I thought all their songs were generic and sounded the same. Could have easily done without them.

Them's fightin' words! 1287.gif

...Anyways, back OT: What Metric album should I start with?

Archived