Pittsburghers going to the Cleveland show

zappafrank

Just wanted to throw something out there to test the waters: I'm in Pittsburgh and am considering the Cleveland show at the end of the month, but the trek plus all of the extra costs (gas, tolls, parking at the venue) are enough to dissuade me going (I saw them on the Pgh stop, and would be going to Cleveland for the alternate setlist).

So, are there any other Pgher's who would want to team up to make the trek together? I'm not committed to making the show yet, so that's important to keep in mind. But I still want to throw it out there ahead of time just to get a feel for things.

Thanks!

(FWIW, I'm also considering the Ian Anderson show in Akron the next week, though I still need to pick up TaaB 2).

I would've been thrilled to go to Cleveland with you and split the costs of everything, but I've already bought a Greyhound ticket. I don't drive, so I don't know too much about gas prices, tolls and parking prices, but my Greyhound ticket only cost me 30 bucks. Maybe that's cheaper than using your car this time around?

My friend used to play in a tribute band that had the perfect name for a tribute band that only Pittsburgh could provide: Caress of Steel City. The logo was the Starman against the Steelers logo.

But back to the original post: still would love to hear from people if this is a possibility.

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 8 2012, 09:21 PM)
Just wanted to throw something out there to test the waters: I'm in Pittsburgh and am considering the Cleveland show at the end of the month, but the trek plus all of the extra costs (gas, tolls, parking at the venue) are enough to dissuade me going (I saw them on the Pgh stop, and would be going to Cleveland for the alternate setlist).

So, are there any other Pgher's who would want to team up to make the trek together? I'm not committed to making the show yet, so that's important to keep in mind. But I still want to throw it out there ahead of time just to get a feel for things.

Thanks!

(FWIW, I'm also considering the Ian Anderson show in Akron the next week, though I still need to pick up TaaB 2).

What trek? It's an hour and a half at best! confused13.gif

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 10 2012, 02:08 PM)
My friend used to play in a tribute band that had the perfect name for a tribute band that only Pittsburgh could provide: Caress of Steel City. The logo was the Starman against the Steelers logo.

But back to the original post: still would love to hear from people if this is a possibility.

I've always thought Caress of Steel City was a most excellent Rush tribute band name. Do they still play?

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Oct 10 2012, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 8 2012, 09:21 PM)

So, are there any other Pgher's who would want to team up to make the trek together?  I'm not committed to making the show yet, so that's important to keep in mind.  But I still want to throw it out there ahead of time just to get a feel for things.

Thanks!

What trek? It's an hour and a half at best! confused13.gif

It's a little more than 1.5 hrs, but it is an easy drive. Just get on the pike and drive west.

QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 10 2012, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 10 2012, 02:08 PM)
My friend used to play in a tribute band that had the perfect name for a tribute band that only Pittsburgh could provide:  Caress of Steel City.  The logo was the Starman against the Steelers logo.

I've always thought Caress of Steel City was a most excellent Rush tribute band name. Do they still play?

I'm thinking no on that; I know for sure my friend hasn't been with them for a bit now.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Oct 11 2012, 02:00 AM)
QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Oct 10 2012, 12:39 PM)
No one from Pittsburgh should be allowed in the Cleveland show.  angry.gif

Why, let the Pittsburghers classen that Shit hole up a little.

Ohh The Pittsburgh v.s. Cleveland thing, back in the polluted 70's & early 80's industrial blue collar cheap beer drinking working man fans. It meant something, but since the Browns along with most of the heavy manufacturing has faded to rust. The rivalry to me schla03.gif confused13.gif There is none, since 1999..

I don't have anything against the Burgh... I do miss the days of beating those damn Steelers every once in awhile.. Not going to lie enjoyed hating them and every thing Pittsburgh, but really what's the point just not the same..

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 23 2012, 01:40 AM)
Figured I'd bump this since the show is approaching... still weighing whether I want to go

I hope you will and all Pittsburgh folks who were thinking about taking the trip to Cleveland. The more the merrier i say!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 23 2012, 02:40 AM)
Figured I'd bump this since the show is approaching... still weighing whether I want to go

Go....

I'm coming all the way from New Jersey...

This will be the third time this tour I have seen them...can't wait!!!

2.gif