Will the CA tour really have a orchestra?

rushnmike

I was just reading on RIAB that Rush may be having a full symphony orchestra on the tour for the clockwork Angel's album. I cannot imagine them doing this on an album release tour. I would have thought they would've done this for the 30th anniversary tour or even the time machine tour or something after the clockwork Angels album tour. I do think that would be pretty cool though. let me know what you think.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 10 2012, 03:09 PM)
But see...those examples (KISS and Metallica) were fine...because it wasn't for the whole tour.

They were simply select shows to record.

If Rush does that...I'm fine with it. Like I said, just not MY shows! wink.gif

Wha, Wha Wha, not my show, Wha, Wha, Wha, I want Rush as a 3 piece band, Wha, Wha, Wha, its going to sound weak, Wha, Wha, Wha,!

Give me a break! Allow 2.gif to do what ever they want, before they say F@ck you all and retire! Who knows you might just like it!

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 10 2012, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 10 2012, 03:09 PM)
But see...those examples (KISS and Metallica) were fine...because it wasn't for the whole tour.

They were simply select shows to record.

If Rush does that...I'm fine with it. Like I said, just not MY shows!  wink.gif

Wha, Wha Wha, not my show, Wha, Wha, Wha, I want Rush as a 3 piece band, Wha, Wha, Wha, its going to sound weak, Wha, Wha, Wha,!

Give me a break! Allow 2.gif to do what ever they want, before they say F@ck you all and retire! Who knows you might just like it!

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

Sorry Dude...but just because it's Rush...doesn't mean I'm going to agree with everything they decide.

I'm not crying...nor will I. I'll still be at the shows regardless of what they decide on. But you need to allow fans to say whatever they want...even if it goes against the band's decisions. We're all entitled.

The Symphony/Orchestra idea is neither good, nor that popular. Don't believe me? Look around TRF right now.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2012, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 10 2012, 02:56 PM)
I don't like the idea at all.

I prefer the 3-piece band...that's it.

If they do it for 1 or 2 nights, and it's not my show, then I'm fine with it.

same for me. have the orchestra thing in toronto. tongue.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif

That's the one I DON'T want!

But if they do...then give us a few nights in T.O. One with the orchestra and one without. I'd go to both then. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 10 2012, 02:55 PM)
I despise this idea.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 10 2012, 03:38 PM)
I despise this idea.

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

Let us celebrate our agreement with the coming together of chocolate and milk.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 10 2012, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 10 2012, 03:38 PM)
I despise this idea.

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

Let us celebrate our agreement with the coming together of chocolate and milk.

Hey, you got your milk in my chocolate!

Hey, you got your chocolate in my milk!

This would explain the long gap between the album and the tour. And could even solidify Signals being played in full (Losing It could definitely be played now). Only other album I can think of that may "benefit" more from an accompanying orchestra is Power Windows. Eh, this is a strong possibility.

Yes that is all we need . If Rush tours with a Orchestra all it will do is polarize the fanbase into Pre-Orchestra Rush verses Post-Orchestra Rush. Then Alex will comment on how he never liked the Orchestra , they aren't even real instruments......It will be a big mess. trink36.gif burger2.gif

QUOTE (patjnev @ Apr 10 2012, 04:18 PM)
Yes that is all we need . If Rush tours with a Orchestra all it will do is polarize the fanbase into Pre-Orchestra Rush verses Post-Orchestra Rush. Then Alex will comment on how he never liked the Orchestra , they aren't even real instruments......It will be a big mess. trink36.gif burger2.gif

Don't forget the Post Signals Group!

Rush Fanbase:

Original RUSH! (with Rutsey)

Pre Signals

Post Signals

Post Orchestra!

All one big disfuncional family!

b_sigh.gif admin.gif banghead.gif beathorse.gif rage.gif pokey.gif

fing.gif bumper.gif bolt.gif