re: "Who do you hate more?" poll

ghostworks

probably in the minority here, but I think the IATS poll thread should've remained open

it would've been interesting to see if IATS would/could defend his words

it also would've been nice to address the knee-jerk 'automatic racism' attitudes

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked it lasted as long as it did

No, he posted it simply as an attention-whoring ploy. He's had a real "LOOK AT ME!" complex lately, what with snagging people's avatars and now this.

I also look at in in terms of someone visiting this board for the very first time. Not a good impression to make at all.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 09:58 AM)
probably in the minority here, but I think the IATS poll thread should've remained open

it also would've been nice to address the knee-jerk 'automatic racism' attitudes

Yep.

You're in the minority here, I'll agree with you on that.

Only on that.

As Mara said it was an attention-whoring ploy.

Many thanks to GhostGirl for shutting it down.

How can one NOT think it is racist...before you know it there will be polls on who do you hate more? Chinese or Arabs? Jews or Muslims?

It's just a very very ugly, slippery slope to be encouraged. f**k that.

It is so sad to see this garbage from young people today.

I personally want to know if he was drunk or on drugs?

Then I want to know if he is remorseful, and apologetic for such a disgraceful topic?

Lastly, I want to know why Ghostworks would say any reaction was "knee jerk"?

What reaction would come if one pondered and went into deep thought?

Answer: The same.

atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 1 2011, 09:05 AM)

Yep.

Only on that.

lots of assumptions, no facts

you can feel 99.99% sure that it was as you assume: an attention-whoring piece of BS - but you can't know

for anyone to suggest they do know (unless you've been in PM communication with IATS) is supremely ignorant, sorry

I really don't want to hear the faux censorship crap...I'm all for a free exchange of ideas, but with dignity and a higher purpose than the dreck Tidewater was stirring up.

And most of you seem to agree with me.

EDIT: just read the post above mine...and sorry, that doesn't fly. Any post that BEGINS with "who do you HATE more" cannot possibly lead to anything positive, in my opinion. Hate sort of conjures up negativity.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 1 2011, 09:08 AM)
How can one NOT think it is racist...

let's ask the source, shall we?

I know the easiest path is to assume the worst, but to convince yourself that assumption = facts is as you would say an "ugly and slippery slope"

would it be any less 'racist' for someone to say "I'm attracted to Asian women?"

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 10:15 AM)

I know the easiest path is to assume the worst, but to convince yourself that assumption = facts is as you would say an "ugly and slippery slope"

would it be any less 'racist' for someone to say "I'm attracted to Asian women?"

Ghostworks, you will defend IATS for starting this poll, but you start one about me entitled "tick" because I criticized a few Rush topics?

Really???? wacko.gif

Citizen Ghostworks -- keeping the board safe from those oppressive admins! 1287.gif

Ghosty, why not give us an example of what Tide could have meant by that poll of his? If it wasn't an attention grab, what was it? Use your imagination and see if you can get inside his head a bit.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 09:11 AM)

Yep.

Only on that.

you can feel 99.99% sure that it was as you assume: an attention-whoring piece of BS - but you can't know

for anyone to suggest they do know (unless you've been in PM communication with IATS) is supremely ignorant, sorry

This is a strange position to take and an unfortunate choice of words.

Supremely Ignorant? Really. My guess is you you don't talk to people like that in person.

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 10:20 AM)
Citizen Ghostworks -- keeping the board safe from those oppressive admins! 1287.gif

Ghosty, why not give us an example of what Tide could have meant by that poll of his? If it wasn't an attention grab, what was it? Use your imagination and see if you can get inside his head a bit.

It's either an attention-grab or IATS is a bigot.

If he wanted to start a serious topic on the issue of race relations, he's old enough to know how to correctly start such a conversation, and he has been here long enough to know it belongs in SOCN.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 1 2011, 09:09 AM)
...lastly, I want to know why Ghostworks would say any reaction was "knee jerk"?
atickhum.gif

only for the unenlightened, friend wink.gif

let's try not to give in to autonomous reflexes and put a little though into how we react to potentially incendiary topics

if anyone posts a 'who do you hate more?' poll, it will provoke - I get that

but closing the thread and assuming the poll is 'disgusting' and 'ignorant' is equally as disgusting and ignorant

in doing so, you're reacting with the same thoughtless vulgarity you're assuming from the OP

I'd like to encourage the admins to re-open the original thread and let the thing air out properly - delete and merge this thread with that one if you like

I'd like the OP to be given his due and proper to explain his poll

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 09:20 AM)

Yeah, I would love to hear that too.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 1 2011, 09:09 AM)
...lastly, I want to know why Ghostworks would say any reaction was "knee jerk"?
atickhum.gif

only for the unenlightened, friend wink.gif

let's try not to give in to autonomous reflexes and put a little though into how we react to potentially incendiary topics

if anyone posts a 'who do you hate more?' poll, it will provoke - I get that

but closing the thread and assuming the poll is 'disgusting' and 'ignorant' is equally as disgusting and ignorant

in doing so, you're reacting with the same thoughtless vulgarity you're assuming from the OP

I'd like to encourage the admins to re-open the original thread and let the thing air out properly - delete and merge this thread with that one if you like

I'd like the OP to be given his due and proper to explain his poll

Anything else you'd like? Would you like a cup of tea? Some cookies? A pillow for your feet?

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 1 2011, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 10:15 AM)

Ghostworks, you will defend IATS for starting this poll, but you start one about me entitled "tick" because I criticized a few Rush topics?

Really???? wacko.gif

well, you could ask the source directly in the latter case what his motivations were, couldn't you? biggrin.gif

and make no mistake - the only thing I'm defending is his chance to make his case

unlike the vast majority here, I'm not willing to condemn without facts

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 1 2011, 10:27 AM)
Citizen Ghostworks -- keeping the board safe from those oppressive admins!  1287.gif

Yeah, a bump for this.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 1 2011, 09:22 AM)

Yep.

Only on that.

Supremely Ignorant? Really. My guess is you you don't talk to people like that in person.

more assumptions

do none of you see what's going on here?

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 1 2011, 09:27 AM)
Citizen Ghostworks -- keeping the board safe from those oppressive admins!  1287.gif

you'd both like me to 'make something up', is that it?

unbelievable

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 1 2011, 09:30 AM)
Cool. Let's see how this can be rationalize! Don't ya love arguments of equivalency! Whatever the reason for the thread is, it's a stupid reason.

another vote for baseless condemnation

AWESOME! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

(seriously, you guys are killing me)

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 1 2011, 09:22 AM)

Yep.

Only on that.

more assumptions

do none of you see what's going on here?

Bro, I think the question is do you see?

Why defend the thread?

I appreciate the Devils Advocate in most arguments but not in this one. Its cut and dry.

Closing the thread ASAP was appropriate and to dispute the closure may lead some to believe you are sympathetic to the original thread. I hope not.