Admin's behavior should be held...

ghostworks

Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:

• Yes
    • No

I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If any Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, etc., that Admin essentially gives permission for members to treat each other in the same way.

Do you agree that Admins should be more accountable for their behavior than 'regular' members, or do you think that a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach is acceptable?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay well, admins should definately live up to a higher standard of behaviour mainly to provide a good example of the way we as members should behave...but ghosty...are you implying that our's don't? tongue.gif

I haven't really seen our administrators abuse their authority or anything. When they lay into somebody it's usually because they asked for it. At least from what I've witnessed confused13.gif

Normally I'd vote Yes, but not on this forum. On the main they're good eggs. They're only human, it can be hard to be impartial if an issue really gets on your tits, admin or otherwise. It makes for a more interesting forum to be honest. If they were all as wise as Solomon, it would be a bollock-achingly boring place.

They're human, and are a little more fun and part of the board "family" if they are allowed a fu*kup now and then like the rest of us.

We all get a considerable amount of leeway, IMO, even in SOCN. Perhaps not as much as on one particular board, but compared to a couple of others I have been on? Where contentious threads are locked/disappeared and members banned without warning, sometimes seemingly at whim? This place is pretty easygoing.

I have a pretty good idea as to which admin is the focus here in particular (eta: I was wrong on this one), and yes, he may be guilty of sticking toes across the line over in SOCN from time to time - we could probably debate that for a while. But he doesn't hand out strikes/ban people willy-nilly either. It's been a while since anyone got a strike - I haven't even thought to look in ages.

ETA - I'd only have a problem with anything an administrator here said or did if that person took advantage and decided the rules only applied to lowly peons. That does not happen.

ghostworks, tell me: do you hold the Counterparts administrators to a higher standard than you do the rest of that board's community?

I'm gonna say no because I don't think they should be MORE accountable for their behavior. They can swear, razz, post nudie pics as much as anyone else should be able to. They ARE here, however, to keep some of the asshats from getting totally out of line.

Sounds like someone is holding a grudge...

I happen to think the admins do a fine job. I happen to be an authority on the matter. Therefore, case closed.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 6 2010, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 6 2010, 05:22 PM)
Man, she really does have her panties in a knot... eyesre4.gif

Is it a woman??

unsure.gif

Yes.

...well no, but I thought it sounded funnier tongue.gif

I didn't vote, however -

If they call you out cause they think you're being an ass, then you're probably being an ass.

Did you ever stop to think that the admins might occasionally go off on people because they're sick and tired of hearing assholes bitching about the way they run their board?

No, of course you haven't. People like you never do.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 6 2010, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 6 2010, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 6 2010, 05:22 PM)
Man, she really does have her panties in a knot... eyesre4.gif

Is it a woman??

unsure.gif

Yes.

...well no, but I thought it sounded funnier tongue.gif

...right...

thought it might be Jean simmons again but he has a better sense of humour...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Dec 6 2010, 06:47 PM)
I think they could lay off on their " I am a conservative and i hate Libtards " bullshit.

What happens in SOCN stays in SOCN. That forum has special access and its own set of rules for a reason.

How an admin or mod feels about political issues has absolutely NOTHING to do with how they run the board. Another reason why SOCN is "separate."

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 6 2010, 07:07 PM)
oooh what did I miss?

You missed Ghostworks whining about every single thing he can think of - recently, and I believe what sparked this, is his disdain for the rules on signature sizes.

Here are his latest posts so you can see how much he bitches (yet still hangs here on a daily basis for whatever reason - probably just to cry):

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=...lluser&mid=4609

Archived