The Simpsons - Springfield's finest

The Notorious B.S.G.

This show has run the gamut from creating pop-culture icons to mocking and skewering nearly every facet of our own society's pretensions, absurdities, and ridiculous foibles, in hilarious fashion, of course.

In tonight's show, the family competed to see who could continue to put trash into an over-flowing trash can without making any of it fall out, because "the rule" was that whoever caused anything to fall out had to take it to the road.

When Homer finally failed (of course), Marge berated him from the next room, and reminded him of "the rule". doh.gif

And then of course, none other than U2 showed up for a concert in Springfield, which Homer briefly hijacked for his political campaign appearance. Then he was dragged off by security, to the cheers of the crowd.

I love this show. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

2 Members: LakesideMaiden, BSG

Hiya!! bekloppt.gif

The Simpson's Totally Rule smile.gif 1022.gif

I've long since come to the conclusion that everything in life has a Simpsons Reference...in fact, here's one. My husband was on the road last night on his way home from school, and there was someone in front of him who was constantly hitting their brakes, then accelerating, then hitting their brakes, and so on. So he would honk the horn, and this would continue...and he was suddenly reminded of the episode where Homer was in the same situation, and, goaded on by severe road rage, was prompted to start saying, "gas, brake, honk...gas, brake, honk...honk, honk, punch!...gas, gas, gas..."

....he also felt the need to call me after realizing this )and breaking into a hysterical fit of laughter) after once again realizing that I was right about everything in life having a Simpsons Reference wink.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 5 2004, 03:30 PM)
The episode where Springfield divides in a row over phone codes was on tonight on Channel 4, and my daughter lets out a roar - "Dad, Rush are on The Simpsons". I ran in, to see The Who performing The Seeker atop a wall made of rubbish. biggrin.gif

Lol, thats cute she knows Rush made the song, but she still has to know the basics too tongue.gif. I didnt know they played The Seeker on that episode, I thought they did Wont Get Fooled Again and My Generation (been a while since I've seen it)

My all time favorite moment from the Simpsons, is at the end of the episode where a crayon gets lodged in Homer's brain, making him a genius. At the end he has it taken out; the family is standing in the living room and he crashes through the window from the outside shouting, "Who wants lottery tickets?!" Too funny I almost fell off my bed first time I saw it laugh.gif

You guys may have seen this before...take the test if you haven't, and post your results!

Find out which character from The Simpsons you are most like with this personality test: The Simpsons Personality Test

Me? Lisa Simpson...

"Relax? I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God, I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!"

'King Size Homer'

http://www.springfieldparadise.com/episodes/3f05.jpg

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 11 2004, 01:13 PM)
You guys may have seen this before...take the test if you haven't, and post your results!

Find out which character from The Simpsons you are most like with this personality test: The Simpsons Personality Test

Me? Lisa Simpson...
"Relax? I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God, I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!"

I already took the test, I'm Duff Man. Oh Yeah!

http://www.wunderkraut.com/art/duffman.gif