What musicians/celebrities are Rush fans?

rushgoober

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something tells me Lester Bangs would've hated Rush.

Some other celebrity Rush fans:

Mike Myers

Randy Johnson (the major league pitcher; HUGE fan)

Primus

Dream Theater

Sepultura

Living Colour

Sebastian Bach

Some other guesses:

Matthew McConaghey (wore starman shirt in "Ed TV")

Ben Folds (wore starman shirt in one of his videos)

Tragically Hip (drummer had a Rush logo on his bass drum)

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 21 2006, 03:53 PM)
Jack Black...

Ask anyone who was at the Hollywood Bowl(??) show last tour. (it may have been the Irvine show)

It was the Irvine, Ca. show....he went on stage, stripped down to his undies and posed as the Star Man...I'm pretty sure I posted pics of it in the Killler Rush Images thread..I'll look for them...

Listen to 4 minutes or so into Sanitarium, and it's the same riff as Tom Sawyer....plus, Cliff Burton was in a Rush cover band called Syrinx before he was in Metallica. People who have not been mentioned:

Billy Corgan

The drummer for the Pixies (name escapes me)

I read somewhere that Trent Reznor was on good terms with Alex, don't know if he's into Rush...

Marilyn Manson said in his autobiography that he used to have sex to Moving Pictures in his teens.

Marilyn Manson said in his autobiography that he used to have sex to Moving Pictures in his teens.

He also said that "2112" was the "scariest album" he'd ever heard, growing up.

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Feb 21 2006, 06:43 PM)
Brian Williams--NBC Nightly News Anchor

Really? Interesting. How do you know?

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 21 2006, 03:05 PM)

He also said that "2112" was the "scariest album" he'd ever heard, growing up.

The other album he mentioned in the Moving Pictures section was David Bowie's "Scary Monsters."

Manson is an arrogant t**t IMO, but his book is very well written and entertaining.

QUOTE (giantsv @ Feb 21 2006, 04:27 PM)
Believe it or not Metallica are Rush fans. I read something somewhere that they actually used some of thier lyrics in a song.

On their album Master Of Puppets in the credits, Metallica gives thanks to Geddy, Alex & Neil.

I can't remember where I read it, but (hard to believe) Billy Joel is a fan. And pitcher Randy Johnson and some other past and present baseball players as well. And I just remembered seeing Jamie Foxx on "Inside the Actors Studio" with James Lipton and he told Lipton he became a fan of Rush and some other rock groups through a college room mate of his. That's all I have for now...

QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Feb 21 2006, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (giantsv @ Feb 21 2006, 04:27 PM)
Believe it or not Metallica are Rush fans. I read something somewhere that they actually used some of thier lyrics in a song.

On their album Master Of Puppets in the credits, Metallica gives thanks to Geddy, Alex & Neil.

That is very cool. I didn't know that one.

Charlie Watts-Stones

Mickey Hart-Grateful Dead

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

trink39.gif

Archived