Mom's Ribs

afansince74

My mom fell a few days ago and broke her ribs while I was talking to her on the phone. It was horrible! sad.gif I was having her check an outside GFI receptacle to see if it was tripped. Somehow, she lost her balance and fell on some rocks. All I heard was a terrible noise and moaning, then the phone went dead. Then it rang back before I could even dial my cell phone! Then, all I heard was more, garbled moaning and cries for help and then nothing again. I was freaking out about now (I live ~650 miles away!), so I called on the cell and my sister answered... Thank God! She heard my mom crying for help and was there pretty quick! (My heart's racing a bit just writing this!) Mom's 74 now, and although she's very active (she still gets on the roof to clean out the gutters!) I hate that she lives so far away!

Anyway, it was 3 broken ribs and a partially brused lung, we found out yesterday. So we're driving to San Antonio in the morning now to take care of mom for a week or so, to make sure she rests and heals.

Anyway, my recent 'posting binge' (for me anyway) will be sidelined for a bit. Not that that particularly matters to anyone, but I did just start a little thread on home repair advice and help and I don't want anyone who might ask me a question to think I just don't care. Anyway, I got WAY too much stuff to do now, so I'll check in once more in the morning, then off I go for I don't know long for sure! wacko.gif

Sorry for the rambling. Man, I wish I had a laptop! See you all in a week or so.

Bryan

Aw man I hope your mother is feeling ok. So sorry to hear of this. Good to know you'll be heading there to take of her. Be well.

I totally know all about what you are going through...a couple of years ago my grandma fell down the stairs and broke her neck....I was really surprised she survived and also that she wasn't paralysed...docs told me a mere inch and she would've went through what happened to Christopher Reeve....She was 72 when it happened...It was quite a stressful time for me at the time...Now she is doing fine though smile.gif

Though broken ribs and a bruised lung are painful things to endure I'm glad it wasn't worse than what it could've been....

Glad to hear she's okay. Keep her out of those damned gutters til she gets better.

Say, when she's all healed up, would you send her my way to clean out my gutters? My leaves need raking too. And then there's the concrete elephant statue that needs to be moved and then there's...

Archived