Home theater forum

Jack Aubrey

Anyway...back on subject.

I have a very low/mid-system by standards.

32" Panasonic superflat tube tv

Sony ES-50 reciever

B&W 603 fronts

B&W 601 rears

B&W 600 series center

Mirage 12" sub

Marantz 5 disc changer

Alpha Core Goetz cables up front.

Many different Audioquest cables.

Old green screen Pronto remote. Still does the job.

Shakes the f*ck out of my house.

Ok, my gear consists of:

27" Panasonic Flat Screen (paid $450 on sale at Worst Buy) (I have a small house, and even smaller living room)

Cheap ass AWIA DVD player, but it plays everything and looks great!

Technics 100watt receiver (16 years old, no it's not surround)

Cerwin Vega 12" speakers. These babys are BAD ASS.. They weigh 66 lbs each. They have their own treble and mid-range controls. They shake the entire neighborhood. (16 years old) Best part of my system.

Surewest Digital TV. 167 channels, which about 160 of them are never watched.

I'm not big into home theather, I usually watch a movie with headphones on because the kids are in bed!!

rofl3.gif

spacecraft.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 25 2004, 12:40 PM)
All right, here we go. I have:

A TV (it DOES have a screen but I haven't measured it, come on! How anal can you be? tongue.gif )
A VCR
A DVD player
And the kicker? Remotes to go with each and every one.

Save your jealous remarks, please....

wink.gif

Does the clock on the DVD and VCR flash simultaneously like mine? Gotta have those lighting effects!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 31 2004, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (yankeeheel @ Aug 25 2004, 03:39 PM)
B&W 603 fronts
B&W 601 rears
B&W 600 series center

Ouch! I'd own B&W's if I could afford them.

Hey, 1! Looking at your avatar, I can't resist a little rendition of an oldie but goodie...

blah.gif "A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night...." blah.gif

Ok I picked up a Sharp 27" Sdtv set about two months ago.

I just figured out last sunday that I can now get over the air DTV.

However, I am having trouble keeping the signal???????

I have tried three different antennas and can get some very good but other come in for a minute or two then nothing.?????

Anyone have any advice? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 22 2006, 05:38 PM)

I have tried three different antennas and can get some very good but other come in for a minute or two then nothing.?????

Do you have either cable or satellite for your normal TV? Some cable providers (like mine) offer lots of HD programming and will give you an HD converter box for a few more bucks a month. Don't know much about satellite HD programming.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 22 2006, 05:44 PM)

Do you have either cable or satellite for your normal TV? Some cable providers (like mine) offer lots of HD programming and will give you an HD converter box for a few more bucks a month. Don't know much about satellite HD programming.

I have Direct tv and looks Great on the new set.

But I don't pay for local channels they only offer 6 and I can get 11 not counting PBS so I don't want to spend the $ on less channels.

But I may have to go that way the difference is unbelievable ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 22 2006, 05:52 PM)

But I don't pay for local channels they only offer 6 and I can get 11 not counting PBS so I don't want to spend the $ on less channels.

It's tough to watch "normal" TV after seeing HD, isn't it?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 22 2006, 07:22 PM)

Yes it is!

Has anyone heard the rumor that DirecTV will be carrying 160 or so HD channels beginning next year? If that's the case, then goodbye Time Warner!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 22 2006, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 22 2006, 07:22 PM)

Yes it is!

Has anyone heard the rumor that DirecTV will be carrying 160 or so HD channels beginning next year? If that's the case, then goodbye Time Warner!

biggrin.gif That is going to be sweet! smile.gif

I know I love it. And in my area it's cheaper then Cable.

I don't lose the signal that often.

Plus The Sunday Ticket!!!!!!!! All NFL games gotta love it. trink39.gif

New toy, just delivered yesterday!

I saved and saved my pennies and got a good deal on a Panasonic 50" Viera at Best Buy. The guy comes over to calibrate it on the 28th.

Here she is being inaugurated:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/TV1.jpg

It was too big to fit in the media box so I built a bracket inside of the frame and attached the mount to it so it hangs outside of the frame but still looks good.

Y'all want to know the kick-in-the-head, big booga-booga awesomest part of the whole thing? It was my wife's idea to upgrade the TV! I soooooo love that woman!

My old Gateway 42" Plasma is going to my wife's sister's family. Their old tv has been screwing up on them lately and they're very happy to be getting it. My niece Gabrielle can't wait to hook her Wii up to it! I told them the only payment they owe me for the TV is lots of pictures of Gabby playing her Wii games on the new TV. laugh.gif

The Gateway was awesome and served us well and still runs like a Swiss watch after 10 years.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 21 2011, 10:06 AM)

I saved and saved my pennies and got a good deal on a Panasonic 50" Viera at Best Buy. The guy comes over to calibrate it on the 28th.

It was too big to fit in the media box so I built a bracket inside of the frame and attached the mount to it so it hangs outside of the frame but still looks good.

Y'all want to know the kick-in-the-head, big booga-booga awesomest part of the whole thing? It was my wife's idea to upgrade the TV! I soooooo love that woman!

My old Gateway 42" Plasma is going to my wife's sister's family. Their old tv has been screwing up on them lately and they're very happy to be getting it. My niece Gabrielle can't wait to hook her Wii up to it! I told them the only payment they owe me for the TV is lots of pictures of Gabby playing her Wii games on the new TV. laugh.gif

The Gateway was awesome and served us well and still runs like a Swiss watch after 10 years.

Nice! Does it do 3d?

I just got my HDTV back yesterday!!!

We had a big storm a while ago, shifted a big branch over our house and it moved directly into the path of our dish. We could get the SD channels, but the leaves were too much for the HD signal to get thru, maybe it was the angle or something - not too sure the why. Well, got the tree trimmed yesterday and now have full HD restored. I feel like my eyes have just been opened (and they're open very wide)

*EDIT* and why isn't this thread pinned??

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jul 21 2011, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 21 2011, 10:06 AM)

My old Gateway 42" Plasma is going to my wife's sister's family. Their old tv has been screwing up on them lately and they're very happy to be getting it. My niece Gabrielle can't wait to hook her Wii up to it! I told them the only payment they owe me for the TV is lots of pictures of Gabby playing her Wii games on the new TV.  laugh.gif

Nice! Does it do 3d?

Yes it does, but I doubt I'll ever use that feature. 3D gives me a headache.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 21 2011, 12:04 PM)
I just got my HDTV back yesterday!!!

We had a big storm a while ago, shifted a big branch over our house and it moved directly into the path of our dish. We could get the SD channels, but the leaves were too much for the HD signal to get thru, maybe it was the angle or something - not too sure the why. Well, got the tree trimmed yesterday and now have full HD restored. I feel like my eyes have just been opened (and they're open very wide)

*EDIT* and why isn't this thread pinned??

Good idea! I just put a link to it in the Ultimate Guide thread.

We have the 3D tv, but never have used it. The PS3 will play 3D movies... we just don't have the glasses. The price is actually now 1/3 of what it was when we bought the TV around Christmas.

I love the Oppo as it plays DVD-A, SACD, MKVs, Flacs, and all my other files off portable drives or discs. Just been listening to the DTS version of PTs The Incident, mint!!

Picture quality is outstanding too.

Edited by Tony R