Test for Echo

jayberwanger

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. Could anyone tell me what studio videos did Rush do for the Test for Echo album? I could of sworn they did a video forthe title track, Half the World and Driven. I can't find the studio video Test for Echo online at all. I looked on You Tube and couldn't find it. Could someone post a link of the Test for Echo video, if there is such a thing.

There are 2 videos for this album:

Driven:

http://youtu.be/5jPondwDDOE

Half The World:

http://youtu.be/jhy_EjmvQ0I

they must have flipped the video in Half The World...everyone looks like they're playing left handed. Kinda annoying.

Pretty sure the uploader did that to avoid copyright. Could be wrong though.

• Like 1

There are 2 videos for this album:

Driven:

http://youtu.be/5jPondwDDOE

Half The World:

http://youtu.be/jhy_EjmvQ0I

they must have flipped the video in Half The World...everyone looks like they're playing left handed. Kinda annoying.

Not a billionth as annoying as the third grade lyrics.

• Like 2

Bit of a comedown after Counterparts but just getting new rush in those days was obviously brilliant and the album certainly has its moments, notably time and motion + limbo for me but many more

Bit of a comedown after Counterparts but just getting new rush in those days was obviously brilliant and the album certainly has its moments, notably time and motion + limbo for me but many more

On first release, I remember it being interesting sonically and even lyrically. As you note, any RUSH release was exciting to hear. Of all their albums, it's aged the worst for me.
  • Like 2

The epic sounding title track was the most Rush-y thing on the album. The rest was meh. I also never cared for the mix or sound...its not as punchy or separated as Counterparts. Parts of TFE just sound like a wall of noise & distortion. I blame Alex's choice of guitar tones

I think Rush's Test For Echo is still, and has been a great c.d., and album. Other, than the song "Dog Years", which I've taken as a joke, and supposed to be funny, has been the only song I haven't liked on the c.d., and album. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Funny, I find myself listening to that and Counterparts more than Caress of Steel or Fly By Night. Not that I dislike them, just don't listen to them as often.

I find myself these days unable to listen to seventies' Rush at all. Mostly, I listen to Counterparts and Test For Echo. Not sure what the reason is.

• Like 1

Funny, I find myself listening to that and Counterparts more than Caress of Steel or Fly By Night. Not that I dislike them, just don't listen to them as often.

I find myself these days unable to listen to seventies' Rush at all. Mostly, I listen to Counterparts and Test For Echo. Not sure what the reason is.

Interesting. I`ve been listening to nothing but Fly By Night for the last week. I did the 90s and later stuff whilst I was decorating a few weeks ago, trying to get records I`ve been a bit cool towards to seep into my subconscious, but I found myself missing the heaviness of the 70s.
  • Like 1

Interesting. I`ve been listening to nothing but Fly By Night for the last week. I did the 90s and later stuff whilst I was decorating a few weeks ago, trying to get records I`ve been a bit cool towards to seep into my subconscious, but I found myself missing the heaviness of the 70s.

And that's what I don't want or need at the moment - heaviness - especially in music.

And that's what I don't want or need at the moment - heaviness - especially in music.

I was stuck in a pretty deep depression (really bad about six, seven weeks or so ago) and the noise helped to break my thoughts!

I've only recently started getting back into vinyl and I can't get enough of Caress Of Steel and All The Worlds A Stage! I enjoy Signals and Grace but just not as raw. T4E is one I don't listen to as much but still rolls in my weekly play and I enjoy it. I can't rank my favorite. Hated Snakes but recently again it seems to be one of my favorites.

:rush: :Alex: :gg: :geddy:

If I recall, Rush admitted they came into the sessions for Test without any real idea of what they wanted to do or what kind of record to make.Alex initially wasn't really into it and considered not doing one at all. It shows in the final results
  • Like 1

If I recall, Rush admitted they came into the sessions for Test without any real idea of what they wanted to do or what kind of record to make.Alex initially wasn't really into it and considered not doing one at all. It shows in the final results

I agree. Great tour though.
  • Like 1

I still remember exactly where I was when I first heard T4E on the radio. My first thought was "Well, they had a good run." 23 years later, I still think it's their worst record.

Every song starts like it's going to be the greatest Rush song ever. Then---a wave of disappointment washes over you when you hear the lyrics.

• Like 1

I didn't get T4E or Vapor Trails when they came out. Sort of gave up on them and moved on. That was a low point in my life when other things were more important.

When I did get T4E it was obvious that I didn't miss much.

I think they are very thoughtful words now Something for Nothing and Freewill that's some juvenile stuff there. Very enjoyable when I was a teenager though

I think they are very thoughtful words now Something for Nothing and Freewill that's some juvenile stuff there. Very enjoyable when I was a teenager though

The lyrics to Half the World sound like they were written for a scene in Spinal Tap where the band were dabbling at being socially relevant, but the scene was cut for being too cartoonish.

• Like 1

The lyrics to Half the World sound like they were written for a scene in Spinal Tap where the band were dabbling at being socially relevant, but the scene was cut for being too cartoonish.

you're funny

I still remember exactly where I was when I first heard T4E on the radio. My first thought was "Well, they had a good run." 23 years later, I still think it's their worst record.

Every song starts like it's going to be the greatest Rush song ever. Then---a wave of disappointment washes over you when you hear the lyrics.

Fortunately, I have never experienced that wave of disappointment when listening for Test For Echo.

• Like 4