Pretzel Rolls.... awesome, or just a fad?

Lost In Xanadu

It goes without saying that they haven't hit Spokane yet.

Try back in fifteen years.

We don't even have a bakery independent of a supermarket.

This place is the pits.

Your area is probably way more healthy. Anytime PA people can put flour and water together with meat , they come up with something unusual! This is a very famous sandwich in Pittsburgh- I like pretzel rolls better, myself. . .

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/images_15.jpeg

I never understood the concept of putting starch on top of starch - fries on a sandwich, potatoes on a pizza, etc. As much as I like bread, I don't want a bread sandwich :D

Come on, you know that most people eat what they think tastes good or what they can afford. Very few people eat for good health. And those that simply SAY they do, don't actually know how OR they're just kidding themselves OR they're just flat out liars.

Starch on top of starch reminds me of the plate lunch I had in Hawaii at the 'famous' Rainbow Drive-In. Fried Mahi Mahi with white rice and macaroni salad as sides. Now that is much too starchy. Don't even get me started on the Loco Moco.

• Like 1

This place is the pits.

Your area is probably way more healthy. Anytime PA people can put flour and water together with meat , they come up with something unusual! This is a very famous sandwich in Pittsburgh- I like pretzel rolls better, myself. . .

I never understood the concept of putting starch on top of starch - fries on a sandwich, potatoes on a pizza, etc. As much as I like bread, I don't want a bread sandwich :D

Come on, you know that most people eat what they think tastes good or what they can afford. Very few people eat for good health. And those that simply SAY they do, don't actually know how OR they're just kidding themselves OR they're just flat out liars.

Starch on top of starch reminds me of the plate lunch I had in Hawaii at the 'famous' Rainbow Drive-In. Fried Mahi Mahi with white rice and macaroni salad as sides. Now that is much too starchy. Don't even get me started on the Loco Moco.

Loco moco...it's got egg!!! My arch-enemy! I was already ranting about eggs in the other thread and how I can't escape them!

As far as Mahi Mahi goes, I can't imagine having a macaroni salad with it not only because I'm not a big fan of mac salad but also because it doesn't seem like a good match. With Mahi Mahi I'm thinking any or all of these suckers: steamed veggies, cous cous, and a garlic salad.

• Like 1

This place is the pits.

Loco moco...it's got egg!!! My arch-enemy! I was already ranting about eggs in the other thread and how I can't escape them!

As far as Mahi Mahi goes, I can't imagine having a macaroni salad with it not only because I'm not a big fan of mac salad but also because it doesn't seem like a good match. With Mahi Mahi I'm thinking any or all of these suckers: steamed veggies, cous cous, and a garlic salad.

Any of those sound so much better than macaroni salad and fried fish!

This place is the pits.

well mac salad is something they love in hawaii...along with spam. I was really bland runny mac salad as well...I think I gave the rest of it to the homeless guy sitting next to me.

Even though I have tendencies towards unhealthy, fat laddened foods, I just couldn't attempt to try the loco moco. I like fried eggs, burgers and gravy...just not all at once.

Check out some of their pictures on their web site. http://rainbowdrivein.com/ OMG, what complete gut bombs.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

This place is the pits.

I'm actually one of those people that has studied nutrition and eats for good health. Not 100% of the time, mind you; I'm still human and enjoy some crap at times. But to me, well-prepared vegetables and whole grains taste really, really good and I prefer those to most junk and processed foods.

• Like 3

This place is the pits.

well mac salad is something they love in hawaii...along with spam. I was really bland runny mac salad as well...I think I gave the rest of it to the homeless guy sitting next to me.

Even though I have tendencies towards unhealthy, fat laddened foods, I just couldn't attempt to try the loco moco. I like fried eggs, burgers and gravy...just not all at once.

Check out some of their pictures on their web site. http://rainbowdrivein.com/ OMG, what complete gut bombs.

The food in those pictures are gross. I don't like too much gravy with any meats but do people need THAT much?

• Like 1

This place is the pits.

Speaking of Spam, a while back I was invited to a Spam sushi party. Apparently, the host of the party got the idea from Hawaii. I wasn't able to make the party though and couldn't try it. I like sushi but Spam sushi sounds reasonably nasty. I'd try it though just out of sheer curiosity.

This place is the pits.

Speaking of Spam, a while back I was invited to a Spam sushi party. Apparently, the host of the party got the idea from Hawaii. I wasn't able to make the party though and couldn't try it. I like sushi but Spam sushi sounds reasonably nasty. I'd try it though just out of sheer curiosity.

Hawaiians love their Spam. They even have Spam festivals.

http://spamjamhawaii.com/

This place is the pits.

A friend once threw a White Trash Sushi Party and we made rolls from stuff like spam, cold cuts, and American cheese.

• Like 2

This place is the pits.

A friend once threw a White Trash Sushi Party and we made rolls from stuff like spam, cold cuts, and American cheese.

:LOL:

I'd try one. But more than likely it had to be crap, yeah? I'd end up cooking the spam and cold cuts and eating them with the rice. The cheese would go back in the fridge and wait until it's time for a grilled cheese or something. :LOL:

They are just OK. Had a ruined thanksgiving when a cousin brought them as our primary dinner roll, and it left me hating them for years as a result. In the right circumstances, they're good- but certainly not for thanksgiving dinner.

I really want to give you a hug over this.

One does not mess with Thanksgiving!

This place is the pits.

With PBR as the drink of choice and Twinkies for desert.
  • Like 1