Rush's recording contract...

Phantom

If I recall correctly, Rush's recording contract calls for them to release 1-2 more albums. Could have sworn I remember reading that somewhere. Am I off on this one? And if not, does anyone know if that obligation is for new material, live recording, or a greatest hits?

I temember reading somewhere they owed another one, but who knows. I would be ok with a live album of archive stuff spanning each tour

I temember reading somewhere they owed another one, but who knows. I would be ok with a live album of archive stuff spanning each tour

I WOULD NOT BE OKAY. Fulfill your contract yo' bums! Give us new songs now!

• Like 2

Anything short of complete financial hardship won't get Neil behind the set of drums again ever. Its over ! that is just my opinion , they may surprise me so there is always hope . Edited by patjnev

Alex and Geddy will release their 'Unplugged' album after their 'Unplugged' tour next spring.

Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

• Like 2

Another studio album of new songs, but please don't let Nick Raskulinecz within 100 miles of producing it.

A Million miles

• Like 2

Anything short of complete financial hardship won't get Neil behind the set of drums again ever. Its over ! that is just my opinion , they may surprise me so there is always hope .

Neil will never get behind the drums to tour again that's for sure. But we're talking about the possibility of recording a new album. If Geddy and Alex fly out to LA to record so Neil can still be close to home, I see a new album as a possibility.

He may have had enough of touring but the urge to write and create new music might not be so easy for him to turn off since he's been doing that for so many years.

• Like 1

If they decide to record new material, I'd hope that David Bottrill would be involved in the production/engineering cause IMO, he did a great job mixing Vapor Trails Remix, the Molson 1997 portion of the R40 bonus disc and R40 Live.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't have an issue with Nick producing it as I thought Clockwork was a strong album. I'd like to see a different engineer though..for sound quality purposes.

I just blamed Nick R for the lack of sound quality because I thought that the producer (and band) had to approve of the sound quality before the album got manufactured (if that's the correct term). Don't know TBH.
  • Like 1

A new album but,yeah,don't let that Nick whatever his name is near it,put him on the moon.I was listening to CA in my car yesterday and it was too much,over the top production.I put on Dire Straits first album and it was a relief after the bombastic CA.Perhaps I am getting old. :codger:
  • Like 3

A new album but,yeah,don't let that Nick whatever his name is near it,put him on the moon.I was listening to CA in my car yesterday and it was too much,over the top production.I put on Dire Straits first album and it was a relief after the bombastic CA.Perhaps I am getting old. :codger:

No, it's not you. It's recorded way too loud and compressed which takes all the breathable airspace out of the music.

• Like 2

Having done Muse, Peter Gabriel and Tool, Bottrill would be a fine choice...assuming they record a new album... Which brings me back to my original question... Is there a way to find out the status of their recording agreement?

Couldn't they just buy themselves out of their contract?

If Roadrunner signed them for a lot of money and i'm guessing they did, it wouldn't make sense for them to buy it out.

They have that retirement money now. It's probably not wise to spend a huge amount of it like that.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Couldn't they just buy themselves out of their contract?

If Roadrunner signed them for a lot of money and i'm guessing they did, it wouldn't make sense for them to buy it out.

They have that retirement money now. It's probably not wise to spend a huge amount of it like that.

Oh sure but if Neil isn't interested anymore, it could be a possibility.