RUSH Does NOT Belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

YYZumbi

The same could and should be said about their star in Hollywood. Almost anyone even remotely famous can and has gotten a star. If you have enough money and can convince the powers that be, you can get one. The fans and the band made such a big deal about it, but it's almost a worthless "achievement".

People think that celebrities are "awarded" a star when the reality is that they're bought. It's an ego boost to have a star, which seems to be why most of them are there.

Plus the artist or their management has to pay an annual 'maintenance fee' which is around 5K per year to keep the star

Plus Ryan Seacrest has 1, all coolness left the building a long time ago

• Like 2

The same could and should be said about their star in Hollywood. Almost anyone even remotely famous can and has gotten a star. If you have enough money and can convince the powers that be, you can get one. The fans and the band made such a big deal about it, but it's almost a worthless "achievement".

People think that celebrities are "awarded" a star when the reality is that they're bought. It's an ego boost to have a star, which seems to be why most of them are there.

Plus the artist or their management has to pay an annual 'maintenance fee' which is around 5K per year to keep the star

Plus Ryan Seacrest has 1, all coolness left the building a long time ago

All the comments made me think of one of my favorite songs, I hadn't seen it with these photos before but the person did a really good job. :)

• Like 1

Rush to me is the perfect example of honesty and integrity in music. They have always stuck to their guns and made the kind of music they wanted. They don't belong in a hall of fame or anything of the sort because they are above all that nonsense. For years critics and the industry have attacked Rush while they've been just doing their own thing and making great music. Then years later they want to induct them into their little pointless club? It's stupid.

Welcome to TRF, WKD! Nice username :D

• Like 1

Just watch the video. It's nothing AGAINST Rush. It's against the RRHoF and the other artists who are in it.

Oh. Okay. The title makes it seam like the person does not want :rush: In the hall of fame.

Well maybe you shouldn't just read the title before you comment on something.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

As a fan of music, I visited the rrhof and I enjoyed it very much. Mind you, before entering, I made a conscious effort to park my feelings about who I personally would like to see in the hall. Doing so made it so much more enjoyable. Seeing equipment from the Who and Zeppelin, Joplin's psychedelic car, and hand written letters from from Hendrix was one of the cooler things I've experienced.
  • Like 3

I couldn't get past the first 20 seconds of that douchebag in the video

Someone wearing that hat certainly has nothing to say that I care to listen to.

• Like 2

I think Alex summed up the RRHOF perfectly...

"Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah, blah blah blah blah, blah, BLAH!"

that's how i feel about the Hall of fame in general, lol

Mick

Yes.

The media seemed mystified by Alex's speech at the time but I figured that Alex's point was precisely that; that the RRHOF had been so compromised by that time that it was kind of irrelevant.

They've inducted so many one hit wonders and non-rock acts its become a joke.

• Like 1

As a fan of music, I visited the rrhof and I enjoyed it very much. Mind you, before entering, I made a conscious effort to park my feelings about who I personally would like to see in the hall. Doing so made it so much more enjoyable. Seeing equipment from the Who and Zeppelin, Joplin's psychedelic car, and hand written letters from from Hendrix was one of the cooler things I've experienced.

So maybe it's pretty good as a rock music museum but as a barometer of significance it's absurd.

Joan Jett is an inductee for crisakes.

They induct way too many artists. Many of whom aren't even rock acts.

• Like 1

There may be a lot of things to disparage about the RRHOF but this guy is just waving an ignorance flag. He absolutely knows nothing about the history of rock and roll.

One example:

Tthe Supremes. Well here is a tiny shred of their influence on Rock and Roll. The guitar riff that bridges the verse and chorus of Bowie's "Starman" is taken from "You Keep Me hanging On" .

Oh well, I am sure he would say that Motown or Bowie is Rock and Roll. I hate to break it to him but R&R was not invented by Van-Halen.

• Like 2

There may be a lot of things to disparage about the RRHOF but this guy is just waving an ignorance flag. He absolutely knows nothing about the history of rock and roll.

One example:

Tthe Supremes. Well here is a tiny shred of their influence on Rock and Roll. The guitar riff that bridges the verse and chorus of Bowie's "Starman" is taken from "You Keep Me hanging On" .

Oh well, I am sure he would say that Motown or Bowie is Rock and Roll. I hate to break it to him but R&R was not invented by Van-Halen.

Yeah, I agree with some of his rant. But ripping on legendary Motown

Artists just fuels the critics who hate bands like Rush, and makes hard rock / metal fans look stupid. That's part of why there hasn't been much representation of that genre.. The establishment things we are all like that guy

• Like 1

epP9v.gifepP9v.gifepP9v.gifepP9v.gifepP9v.gif

I don't remember giving you permission to use my therapy sessions on this forum...

;)

I wouldnt make a special trip but if I ever had to spend a weekend in Cleveland and had a few hours to kill I may just go.

Pretty much how I got to see it....We were in Indianapolis for a few things...(convention, DCI pre-lims, etc.)(Chromey wasn't there yet...saw him another trip) Went up to South Bend on our way home to just go see Notre Dames campus, then drove across Ohio to Cleveland, and hit the RNRHOF on our way back...

It was interesting from an "old" perspective, but the artists that were in over the later years, don't justify calling it rock and roll.... Ok, Pink Floyd had stuff in it, Springsteen was the featured artist at the moment, They had Queen's stuff in it, etc. But the fact that Michael Jackson was in it and some of the other bands, make it a "eh" sort of museum...

OMG after the public vote demanded RUSH into the hall of fame?? Of course this dumb ass hall of fame is not dedicated to rock and roll its a lie like obama is a lie. It is run by a bunch of dem/libs and one of the few judges didn't like RUSH because of their belief in capitalism. Because of all that bias it took the amazin 2nd vote by fans to show this falsehood of a rock hall of fame what the fans thought of their organization.

OMG after the public vote demanded RUSH into the hall of fame?? Of course this dumb ass hall of fame is not dedicated to rock and roll its a lie like obama is a lie. It is run by a bunch of dem/libs and one of the few judges didn't like RUSH because of their belief in capitalism. Because of all that bias it took the amazin 2nd vote by fans to show this falsehood of a rock hall of fame what the fans thought of their organization.

What are you going on about?

• Like 1

I wouldn't step foot in that shithole for the same reason I wouldn't eat at a Hard Rock Cafe. Commercialized, watered down puke that doesn't really represent the finest of what burgers or music has to offer, but idiots still fall over themselves going there.

Last time I went to a Hard Rock Cafe was for Happy Hour after work. Didn't order food. That was 4 years ago. Since I haven't been there in 4 years (and there are two in this city), it shows I'm not one to "fall over myself" in there. That particular Hard Rock makes good cocktails and at 50% off, I'm not one to complain. Plus, when I stepped in the place, Rush was on. And they stayed on for 3 more songs. How can this be bad?

I wouldn't step foot in that shithole for the same reason I wouldn't eat at a Hard Rock Cafe. Commercialized, watered down puke that doesn't really represent the finest of what burgers or music has to offer, but idiots still fall over themselves going there.

Last time I went to a Hard Rock Cafe was for Happy Hour after work. Didn't order food. That was 4 years ago. Since I haven't been there in 4 years (and there are two in this city), it shows I'm not one to "fall over myself" in there. That particular Hard Rock makes good cocktails and at 50% off, I'm not one to complain. Plus, when I stepped in the place, Rush was on. And they stayed on for 3 more songs. How can this be bad?

That's excusable :LOL:

Last time I was in one was in college and that was when Grace Under Pressure was out and the food still sucked. At 19 I was stunned at what the big deal was about the place.

I was getting into night clubs in Chicago seeing real bands and being ten feet from real musicians. Plus, my fake ID worked in the clubs :)

• Like 1

Last time I was in one was in college and that was when Grace Under Pressure was out and the food still sucked. At 19 I was stunned at what the big deal was about the place.

I was getting into night clubs in Chicago seeing real bands and being ten feet from real musicians. Plus, my fake ID worked in the clubs :)

:LOL:

Man, you hold a grudge! That was over 30 years ago!

• Like 1

If I ever saw someone wearing this, I'd hop the curb and run them over with my car

Saving The Planet, One Douchebag At A Time

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDQyMQ==/$(KGrHqF,!iMF!yVF-WY3BQZN+,W5gw~~48_35.JPG

Man, you hold a grudge! That was over 30 years ago!

It's the Italian blood :laughing guy:

picked a fine day to stop sniffing glue, eh?

I'm just happy that there have always been enough sincere music fans who see the value in Rush's musicianship and songwriting to keep Rush going for as long as they have. A band's longevity and the fans' love of the music pretty much always transcends whatever cachet is to be gained by membership in some bogus exclusive club.
  • Like 1