For people who have seen Rush multiple times....

fraroc

I have seen a few fights.

I've never seen a fight at a Rush show. If they happen I must be missing them, but I always chalked up not seeing them to the class of the audience. :martini: :)

Probably not actual Rush fans fighting

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.

• Like 3

I've never seen a fight at a Rush show. If they happen I must be missing them, but I always chalked up not seeing them to the class of the audience. :martini: :)

http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/nerd-dork-fight-glasses-463.jpg
  • Like 4

I'm not sure if he's a Rush fan or a hipster. Dear god I hope he's not both.

• Like 1

Moshing didn't really go mainstream until after a lot of places eliminated GA seating from what I remember. The only places I remember seeing moshing were bands that had fans known to mosh. Biggest I ever personally saw was in San Fran with exodus. Plus, how many rush fans want to miss most of the show sweating with a bunch of idiots?

:LOL:

I can't be certain but I think idiots that mosh believe doing so will put some inches on their wangs. The intensity of their moshing is relative to their lack of what they're packing. Ah well, it's a free world. If someone wants to try to improve themselves, who am I to judge? ;)

• Like 2

Well he dresses like me so... (OK I look a lot better than him but still...not my problem he can't wear a sweater vest without looking like a zit on the prom dancefloor).

• Like 1

Well he dresses like me so... (OK I look a lot better than him but still...not my problem he can't wear a sweater vest without looking like a zit on the prom dancefloor).

:LOL:

I've seen the band every tour since GUP (except Counterparts, softball conflict) and I've never seen anything close to a mosh pit. In fact I would've love to have seen one, most of the shows including my first at the Hampton Coliseum in VA, which was general admission. The fans just stood and stared in zombied amazement in how well the band played. Hardly any reaction, not me I so energized seeing them for the first time. I think somebody opened for them and after buying a tour shirt (white one) some drunk fool snatched it. I chased him, tackled him and gave him a short pounding. I got my shirt back but it was in shreds. I don't remember if I ever wore that shirt or not, that was about the most extracurricular activity of any of the 50 shows I've seen of RUSH.
  • Like 1

I've seen the band every tour since GUP (except Counterparts, softball conflict) and I've never seen anything close to a mosh pit. In fact I would've love to have seen one, most of the shows including my first at the Hampton Coliseum in VA, which was general admission. The fans just stood and stared in zombied amazement in how well the band played. Hardly any reaction, not me I so energized seeing them for the first time. I think somebody opened for them and after buying a tour shirt (white one) some drunk fool snatched it. I chased him, tackled him and gave him a short pounding. I got my shirt back but it was in shreds. I don't remember if I ever wore that shirt or not, that was about the most extracurricular activity of any of the 50 shows I've seen of RUSH.

Think you might've gone homicidal if it had been a drumstick instead of a t-shirt

Well I was in the crowd when Rush triumphantly returned to the West Palm Beach area after the release of Vapor Trails. Me and my friend were standing in the grass when I felt someone push me from the back . I turned around and it was this overweight guy dancing like he was on acid .He had hit my back and as I looked back he didn't seem to care. I watched him do this for several minutes checking over my shoulder as Rush played ( can't remember what song it was ) It clear he wasn't Rush fan he was just there to cause a ruckus. Me and my friend moved away from the area and I continued to watch the asshole dance . He kept getting closer and closer to a man sitting in a lawn chair and this guy was HUGE. I mean forearms like Schwarzenegger huge. I got the impression he was a fireman or something. I kept watching him dancing around arms and legs flailing almost hitting people . Everyone was watching him and not the show . Then it happened ! A most glorious thing . He hit the big guy while he was sitting there with his wife . That guy didn't even hesitate he got up and laid that asshole out with one punch. His friends ran over and picked him up and that was the last we seen of our rotund Baryshnikov . So maybe yes he was trying to get a mosh pit ... or maybe is was just being who he is ..... A JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!

When rush was at their heaviest moshing was not commonplace at at rock shows imo.

I am talking the 70's and it seems the mosh pit grew from the punk influenced slam dancing.

So yeah. No mosh pits.

Mostly because its fat rich bald goateed dudes in the first front rows...

Random chimps terrifying nearby fans while drunkenly headbanging is commonplace.

Edited by tangy

When rush was at their heaviest moshing was not commonplace at at rock shows imo.

I am talking the 70's and it seems the mosh pit grew from the punk influenced slam dancing.

So yeah. No mosh pits.

Random chimps terrifying nearby fans while drunkenly headbanging is commonplace.

in the mid 70s Rush concert fans were mostly stoned and chilled out.

Now they are a) old b) have too many chairs on the floor and c) want to protect their expensive beers and tshirts.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

I've been to 3 (Time Machine, Clockwork Angels, R40). I have never seen anything close to moshing. Frankly I don't think Rush is the kind of band you really mosh to.
  • Like 1

So yeah. No mosh pits.

in the mid 70s Rush concert fans were mostly stoned and chilled out.

Now they are a) old b) have too many chairs on the floor and c) want to protect their expensive beers and tshirts.

Considering the t-shirt prices for this last tour, who can blame them?

• Like 1

Frankly I don't think Rush is the kind of band you really mosh to.

Or dance to :LOL:

Watch his every move, SUPERCONDUCTOR

http://upandhumming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/88eeeb6f-baca-438c-ac3f-4004a2dea2ba.gif

• Like 4

Frankly I don't think Rush is the kind of band you really mosh to.

Or dance to :LOL:

Watch his every move, SUPERCONDUCTOR

http://upandhumming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/88eeeb6f-baca-438c-ac3f-4004a2dea2ba.gif

:eh: :o :scared:

Editorial comment:

Moshing is stupid and should be banned at all venues.

I love being down close to the stage when people are into a band, jumping around a bit, and really getting into the show. But the actual moshing/running in circles and bashing into people I wish would stop.

• Like 1

No moshing here, but Kurt Cobain was having a good time

http://www.rushtrader.com/interviews/rushagora1s.gif

He's smelling the spirit of his left teen armpit

He worked up a sweat passin' down that garden road

• Like 4