For people who have seen Rush multiple times....

fraroc

This is out of sheer curiosity, have you ever seen any one person or a group of people attempt to mosh during a Rush show?

I wouldn't expect the answer to be yes at all, but something tells me that in the thousands of concerts that they've put on, there had to have been a few rowdy fans that have tried to do it, probably during a heavier song like One Little Victory.

• Like 1

Seen every tour since HYF. Have yet to see moshing. But, the HYF show was GA on the floor (Hampton Coliseum) with no seats. To my knowledge, every tour since Presto has had seating on the floor which makes moshing quite difficult. But Im guessing there has been some moshing at some point in the old GA floor days

Never been to a Rush show that was GA and I've been going to shows since the early 80's.

GA was eliminated thankfully in most sensible places after The Who in Cincinnati in 1979

• Like 1

No. Festival seating hasn't been part of RUSH shows for a long time. There were plenty of early shows where things up front got dangerous.

No but I've never been to an amphitheater with a lawn that had seats.

Saw a mosh pit on the lawn at a Tool show in 1991 at Shoreline.

Would this happen at Rush? Probably not but it can happen.

• Like 1

Never been to a Rush show that was GA and I've been going to shows since the early 80's.

GA was eliminated thankfully in most sensible places after The Who in Cincinnati in 1979

First concert (ever) I saw was GA and it was Rush in early '83 (New World Tour). I've mentioned this on TRF before: During the intro song (Spirit of Radio) someone went nuts and started stabbing folks near the stage. Why?...Who the hell really knows? Rush was unaware of that incident until after the show, security handled it before the song even ended. I was at the gig but not in GA. Like most people, I didn't know about it until AFTER the show. [This was in Jacksonville, FL]

• Like 2

I remember on the T4E tour at the Omni folks getting a little excitable during "Roll the Bones", kinda jumping and moving around, but moshing? No, not close at all. I remember being surprised by the enthusiasm for that song. I figured most Rush fans would hate it. But folks at that show seemed into it.
  • Like 1

Moshing didn't really go mainstream until after a lot of places eliminated GA seating from what I remember. The only places I remember seeing moshing were bands that had fans known to mosh. Biggest I ever personally saw was in San Fran with exodus. Plus, how many rush fans want to miss most of the show sweating with a bunch of idiots?
  • Like 1

The closest thing I've experienced was when I saw them Sept 1980 at the Spectrum in Philly - I was 13 and had a seat about 10 rows from the stage .. An "older woman" of about 15 or 16 and her friends asked if they could stand there with me and my friends, so when the lights went down, we both stood on the metal chair ..... She occasionally held on to me so not to fall off the chair ..

Looking back, that is the best relationship I have ever had

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 6

I have never seen moshing at a :rush: concert. However as it has been mentioned earlier in this thread, the area up front by the stage (and getting up there) in a general admission show was well let's say adventurous to say the least. I have had the pleasure of experiencing that environment a few times.

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

No, I've seen :rush: every tour since Signals. Almost always more than one night per tour. Extreme head banging in the early 80's was aboot as much as you got.

The closest thing I've experienced was when I saw them Sept 1980 at the Spectrum in Philly - I was 13 and had a seat about 10 rows from the stage .. An "older woman" of about 15 or 16 and her friends asked if they could stand there with me and my friends, so when the lights went down, we both stood on the metal chair ..... She occasionally held on to me so not to fall off the chair ..

:LOL:

• Like 3

I have seen a few fights.

I've never seen a fight at a Rush show. If they happen I must be missing them, but I always chalked up not seeing them to the class of the audience. :martini: :)

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

:LOL:

:LOL: I think I was at that same show as my 1st :rush: concert. Awesome! It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it ;)

• Like 2

I've never seen a fight at a Rush show. If they happen I must be missing them, but I always chalked up not seeing them to the class of the audience. :martini: :)

Probably not actual Rush fans fighting

• Like 2

If it was, it was probably over Permanent waves being a 70s vs 80s album

• Like 5

Yeah, probably just stunt doubles or optical illusions.

• Like 2