What's the most money you've paid for a single CD?

treeduck

SINGLE CD? Probably the $80 I forked over for the Roll The Bones Canadian Promo single. I stlll haven't seen another one. The Canadian promos are much rarer than the US ones. I think I paid $75 for my Marathon promo, but it was the first Canadian promo CD ever made (probably 200 to 300 exist.) Probably not a huge market for it so I doubt anyone is going to knock them off and put them and put them on Ebay or something.

$110 us------Rush - Moving Pictures-Mercury green arrow logo---West Germany.

I got mine at a Used CD store for $4. You win some, you lose some I guess.

Still looking for the Signals green arrow.

Tough call...single cd (as in one cd in the package) Probably a bootleg of some sort between $30-$40.00. Thank GOD that got easier over the years!

Paid $25 for the single Rush boots. $40 or $45 for the doubles. The interview/radio show CDs were about the same I reckon. Usually more for vinyl.

Lucky grab there! Cannot find the signals either-----still trying to hunt it down.

SINGLE CD? Probably the $80 I forked over for the Roll The Bones Canadian Promo single. I stlll haven't seen another one. The Canadian promos are much rarer than the US ones. I think I paid $75 for my Marathon promo, but it was the first Canadian promo CD ever made (probably 200 to 300 exist.) Probably not a huge market for it so I doubt anyone is going to knock them off and put them and put them on Ebay or something.

Well I kind of meant single CD as in a single item but it's all good.

Tough call...single cd (as in one cd in the package) Probably a bootleg of some sort between $30-$40.00. Thank GOD that got easier over the years!

Actually I meant to quote you for that last post, but never mind... :hail:

• Like 1

Paid $25 for the single Rush boots. $40 or $45 for the doubles. The interview/radio show CDs were about the same I reckon. Usually more for vinyl.

I think the few places I used to go had most single disc boots for $30...some for more, and the two disc sets for usually $60. If there was the odd chance there was a THREE disc boot those were about $75-$80 for the most part.... I forget what some of the larger sets (Pink Floyd's, and Zappa's) cost.... probably about $100. -$150. (the one Floyd was a six disc)

I think the few places I used to go had most single disc boots for $30...some for more, and the two disc sets for usually $60. If there was the odd chance there was a THREE disc boot those were about $75-$80 for the most part.... I forget what some of the larger sets (Pink Floyd's, and Zappa's) cost.... probably about $100. -$150. (the one Floyd was a six disc)

I never bought from stores (unless I found them in the used bin for much less) My main source for the stuff was record shows. I only bought Rush, Dream Theater and Fish/Marillion so fortunately (or unfortunately) it was only 1 or 2 disc sets.

Lucky grab there! Cannot find the signals either-----still trying to hunt it down.

Me too. By I hold out little hope of finding one.

I was shocked enough to find Moving Pictures. I never thought I'd get that one either.

I was shocked enough to find Moving Pictures. I never thought I'd get that one either.

I saw one on ebay a while back, the guy want

ed I saw one on Ebay a while back, the guy wanted like 600 bucks.

I saw one on ebay a while back, the guy want

ed I saw one on Ebay a while back, the guy wanted like 600 bucks.

What makes it so special?

I never bought from stores (unless I found them in the used bin for much less) My main source for the stuff was record shows. I only bought Rush, Dream Theater and Fish/Marillion so fortunately (or unfortunately) it was only 1 or 2 disc sets.

Yeah. I kept my boot "buying" to like Rush, DT, Zappa, Pink Floyd, and anything overly proggy (Yes, ELP, etc.) But we didn't have MANY shows in my area (at least that were advertised, I usually found out after they happened) but we had a few shops that had stuff... once we for a "Disc-Go-Round" it was open season, and I think I doubled my collection....most of the guys that worked there had no clue that boots were a little more rare, and they just thought "ok, not on my list of stuff to mark up so..." and I picked up a bunch of different odds and ends.

Oh...and there were the guys online once that whole thing opened up...Scarred Records, Prism Records...

Still have everything Prism did and I think I missed the final Scarred release. I think generally those had a 500 pressing limit. But others just copied them later.