New rumor

Ron2112

If they could sync the technology so that Neil could set up his drums in his basement, mic them and transmit live to the arena where the others are, we might see a tour...

They could do this and play with Hologram Neil!

• Like 2

If they could sync the technology so that Neil could set up his drums in his basement, mic them and transmit live to the arena where the others are, we might see a tour...

Good thinking. Neil can periscope himself playing at home and the others can dial it up on the stage big screen and play along. ;)

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

Watch That Metal Show season 14 episode 1(Link Below)

Geddy says that they still might tour, but that if they do, they will not do huge tours. He also said that they might record new material some day too.

Anything is possible but it's not likely.

• Like 1

Geddy says that they still might tour, but that if they do, they will not do huge tours. He also said that they might record new material some day too.

https://vimeo.com/120311021

That video is from a year and a half ago. Here's a whole thread about it: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/91589-geddy-to-appear-on-that-metal-show-again-feb-21st/

• Like 2

That video is from a year and a half ago. Here's a whole thread about it: http://www.therushfo...again-feb-21st/

Thanks!

Personally, I think it would be really interesting to see what kind of studio album they'd come up with if there was no intention to tour. They've always made albums knowing/visualizing playing the songs live. If that pressure was taken way, I wonder what the album would sound like?
  • Like 2

Personally, I think it would be really interesting to see what kind of studio album they'd come up with if there was no intention to tour. They've always made albums knowing/visualizing playing the songs live. If that pressure was taken way, I wonder what the album would sound like?

Excellent question. I wish I could figure out a reason why they WOULD make an album if they can't monetize it. So much effort and time - and they have so many other interests outside the band. I just don't see it unless they can somehow feel satisfied AND get paid.

Excellent question. I wish I could figure out a reason why they WOULD make an album if they can't monetize it. So much effort and time - and they have so many other interests outside the band. I just don't see it unless they can somehow feel satisfied AND get paid.

I could see them making an album and then playing a one-off that is filmed for DVD or broadcast live, or something unique like that to promote the album. Geddy has also talked about using Rush in the capacity of filmmaking. So maybe the new album would function as a new Rush album / soundtrack?

I could see them making an album and then playing a one-off that is filmed for DVD or broadcast live, or something unique like that to promote the album. Geddy has also talked about using Rush in the capacity of filmmaking. So maybe the new album would function as a new Rush album / soundtrack?

On April 29, 2015, Alex Lifeson stated in an interview R40 might be the final large-scale Rush tour due to his psoriatic arthritis and Peart's chronic tendinitis.However, he did not rule out future projects with the band, including smaller tours and limited performances, and even stated he would like to work on soundtracks with Geddy Lee. On December 7, 2015, Peart stated in an interview he was retiring. Lee clarified the following day Peart had only retired from touring and was not ruling out continuing work with Rush in other capacities. Lifeson confirmed in 2016 the R40 tour was the band's last large-scale tour.
  • Like 1

That video is from a year and a half ago. Here's a whole thread about it: http://www.therushfo...again-feb-21st/

Exactly. That is what Geddy HOPES might happen.

• Like 1

First album will have golf related themes and be called: Shanks & Drivers

Putts & Slices

Power Golfcarts

Putt By Night

Hold Your Iron

A Fairway To Kings

Witch Hunt for my ball

Par Under Pressure

Caress of Titanium

Roll the Balls

Moving Putters

Greens Under Putters

Albums do not sell anymore. What did CA sell 220,000 copies in the US??

CA was Neil's last labor of love writing, he is not doing that (spending that much time) again.

Geddy and Al will have a project here or there, but Neil's dedication is to his family now.

Unless he runs out of money...

CA was Neil's last labor of love writing, he is not doing that (spending that much time) again.

Geddy and Al will have a project here or there, but Neil's dedication is to his family now.

How would he run out of money? Last I heard he was worth like 22 million or something. This is not a stupid man that will throw money away at the drop of a hat on stuff like gambling and drugs.

• Like 1

How would he run out of money? Last I heard he was worth like 22 million or something. This is not a stupid man that will throw money away at the drop of a hat on stuff like gambling and drugs.

Living in California is expensive. I doubt he lives in a three bedroom apartment in Long Beach.

• Like 1

Back in 2000~ when he wait on his cross country bike ride, his accountant called him and told him he had to stop travelling, because he was spending more than what was coming in. It could happen again.

• Like 1

Gambling and drugs do cost money.

So does Real estate, Taxes, bad investments, private schools, Hobbies, etc..

Most musicians have had money problems. Bad contracts, shady management etc.

Feel free to ask Def Leppard. They own NO Rights to their own music from 1980-1987.

That's why they play 150 shows a year....If Rush comes back, someone is out of money. R40 was for the fans...R47 will be a money grab if needed

• Like 1

If these guys don't tour till they are at least 70, I'll be embarrassed to admit I was ever a fan. Lazy canadians. Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

Hm, I might sound crazy here, but I think Rush could still make a better album than CA. CA is an immense swan song for an immense band with an immense career, but it wasn't perfect, let alone their best ever. I think with the more laid back environment of knowing they won't be doing another large scale tour, with maybe a bit more time in the studio, and more creative freedom, they could maybe pull together one final album that really sums up their career and really works as a last goodbye to ALL of their fans. I think it could, and should, happen.

No?

• Like 2

Hm, I might sound crazy here, but I think Rush could still make a better album than CA. CA is an immense swan song for an immense band with an immense career, but it wasn't perfect, let alone their best ever. I think with the more laid back environment of knowing they won't be doing another large scale tour, with maybe a bit more time in the studio, and more creative freedom, they could maybe pull together one final album that really sums up their career and really works as a last goodbye to ALL of their fans. I think it could, and should, happen.

No?

There is no incentive to create an album. Sales are gone, ...Also the way polished artists are making $$ is touring.

If they are going to scale down the touring, that is scaling down the profits.

Playing smaller venues, means smaller profits, no incentive. There is very little plus side for Rush to do anything as a band again, unless it involves a Large scale tour. At that won't happen...unless they need $$

While true they Could create another album, writing will take up Neil's time, and he seems to not want to share 'time' with anyone else. This could change, but it's wishful thinking.

Back in 2000~ when he wait on his cross country bike ride, his accountant called him and told him he had to stop travelling, because he was spending more than what was coming in. It could happen again.

Yeah but in 2000 he was literally spending every single night in a hotel room, drinking, and eating expensive (ish) food for the better part of a year. That shit is expensive.

• Like 1

Yeah but in 2000 he was literally spending every single night in a hotel room, drinking, and eating expensive (ish) food for the better part of a year. That shit is expensive.

He's doing the same thing now, but at home