New rumor

Ron2112

I guess I don't understand why there's so much Neil hate? Has the guy not worked hard enough? Is it selfish for him to want to retire in his old age? Maybe I'm missing something he said?

He's a convenient scapegoat.

Convenient Scapegoat is the followup working title to Clockwork Angels sequel

• Like 3

I guess I don't understand why there's so much Neil hate? Has the guy not worked hard enough? Is it selfish for him to want to retire in his old age? Maybe I'm missing something he said?

If Neil ever did a solo album that would definitely be a top contender.

• Like 1

I probably shouldn't speak for everyone, but I think much of the stuff written here about Neil is said with tongue firmly in cheek - sort of sarcastic fun ..

In my book, Neil is not only one of the greatest drummers in one of my all time favorite bands, but he was a completely unique figure in rock music back in the 70s, venturing out on that limb and writing from a point of view no one else was writing from in music - this was esp intriguing considering the time - the post hippy, communal mindset that was so palatable back then ..

Some people like to poke fun = myself included - esp at his eye rolling blog entries ( which I hope he NEVER stops - they are highly entertaining, intentional or not )

I love the guy, I take issue to some of the things he has written, and he owes nothing to anyone

I agree. Recently, I've approached The Vatican requesting his possible canonization.

Neil and The Pope could start a biker gang - The Cannonballers

It could happen! :yes:

So yeah, I don't think there's a "Saint Neil" BUT I'm hoping, IF canonized, they go with "Saint Ellwood", patron saint of drum solos

No canonization gonna be a-happenin' without two miracles. :angel:

Playing La Villa Strangiato and playing La Villa Strangiato as a fat guy definitely count as two miracles. :yes: :yes:

Hell, playing La Villa Strangiato as a fat guy may count as three miracles by itself!

• Like 2

To me, "Scapegoat" sounds like the name of some shitty local, hard rock band that everyone claims will be the "next big thing" but eventually goes nowhere...

"Dude, are you gonna see Scapegoat this weekend? You should! They're so awesome! The bassist goes off on this sick 38 minute solo during the chorus of "It's the other guy's fault!"

• Like 1

Dammit. I lay out all of that GOLD...and only ILSnowdog played along. Not mad, just disappointed.

Aww.... :hug2:

• Like 1

People think Neil owes them something, and when he doesn't do what they want they get mad.

Gina well said!!!
  • Like 1

People think Neil owes them something, and when he doesn't do what they want they get mad.

Gina well said!!!

Hey there, Rob!

:hi:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Gina well said!!!

Hey there, Rob!

i think it is getting close for the gang to get together?????
  • Like 2

Gina well said!!!

Hey there, Rob!

If only we could do so at a Rush concert!

Gina well said!!!

Hey there, Rob!

If only we could do so at a Rush concert!

:yes: I blame Neil.

This was over at RIAB....apparently, golfer Rocco Mediate is close with the band via Alex. He reports that Neil is still "hesitant," but is playing a fundraiser with Alex next month. At that point, there are supposed to be more discussions about future plans.

Sounds like they're just going out to dinner and planning on killing a couple-two-three bottles of expensive wine....

• Like 1

Dammit. I lay out all of that GOLD...and only ILSnowdog played along. Not mad, just disappointed.

'I Lay Out All of That Gold' is slated to be Track 5 on Convenient Scapegoat

• Like 2

OK I got it figured out . Rush PPV. or Holographic Peart . I have a feeling Neil is never touring again .

PPV will only work if Neil is in a cage fighting Ray Danniels for $$$

Otherwise PPV is a dead technology

• Like 1

OK I got it figured out . Rush PPV. or Holographic Peart . I have a feeling Neil is never touring again .

I bet all my Rush albums that Neil takes Ray down in 2 minutes...well, make that 10 minutes and I'll bet just Roll the Bones and Snakes & Arrows.

• Like 1

I bet all my Rush albums that Neil takes Ray down in 2 minutes...well, make that 10 minutes and I'll bet just Roll the Bones and Snakes & Arrows.

Neil could put Ray in the 'Vapor Trails' trance.

You know the feeling, the very 1st 18 seconds of the 1st time you heard the Craptastic sound mix of Vapor Trails and you went..

'Did they stuff a Bush CD in this case by mistake??'

If they could sync the technology so that Neil could set up his drums in his basement, mic them and transmit live to the arena where the others are, we might see a tour...

Then it'd be just two-thirds of them touring.

Playing a live gig with someone not present seems a bit too sterile for my tastes. Actual interaction with bandmates goes a long way.

This was over at RIAB....apparently, golfer Rocco Mediate is close with the band via Alex. He reports that Neil is still "hesitant," but is playing a fundraiser with Alex next month. At that point, there are supposed to be more discussions about future plans.

To be clear, it's ALEX and Rocco who are playing in the fundraiser. Honestly, I think the best we can hope for is a new album - but why would they?

I hope I'm wrong.

A new album would sooth our weary souls. They ain't done
  • Like 1